Losing trust in god

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I am losing my trust in god. I don't think he exists anymore and it's too much.

For now, I believe he doesn't really exist.

So, anyone here, lost their trust in god? Did something happen which made you to lose trust in god?

I've never actually had any trust in god. When I was a kid, my family wasn't religious so I didn't know much about god. Just minor things like he made the Earth, the people, and everything, and that he could do anything. Then when I was 4 or 5 one of my aunts thought my cousin, who was a year older, and I should start going to church. Now, at the time one of my favorite movies was Disney's Hercules, which is important because it actually got me into Greek Mythology as a kid (And yes, that is a pretty messed up thing to be into as a kid). Anyway, I went to church and they gave their whole, "There's only one god and to believe otherwise is heresy." So as a child I said, "What about Zeus, Hera, and all the other Greek gods?" The pastor said, "Those were just stories written a long time ago to explain how the world worked to the Greek people." In which I replied, "But wasn't the bible also written a long time ago to explain how the world worked?" He was livid, but you have to remember I was only 4 or 5 at the time so he couldn't actually do anything to me. A few weeks later, and after a few more talks about how Greek gods were no different than the Christian god, my aunt told me I no longer had to go to church and as I child I thought that was awesome because it was boring. Though, making arts and crafts was fun, but it didn't happen often. Now that I'm older, I'm pretty sure I got kicked out of that church. Just for the record, I didn't believe that Greek Mythology was real either.

As I got older, god became less and less there. Sometimes I forgot people talk about god because I don't pay attention and my friends aren't really that religious either, even though one of them goes to a Christian school. They just have a really good art program. It's mostly that I haven't seen evidence of a god. If god loved us as the bible claimed people in Africa wouldn't be suffering. In fact, the world would be in harmony. If anything, the thought of a god is what disrupted the harmony because back then you had so many people believing so many different things that if you had a different faith, most of the times someone else would kill you. That aside, I really wouldn't call myself an atheist, even though it might come off that way. I'm more agnostic because I don't really care if there is a god or not. I believe that if there is a god, and he's as loving as people say, then as long as you were a good person, he'll still let you into heaven even if you didn't believe in him.

tl;dr: I've never had faith in god because there hasn't been anything to prove that he exists.

No one has totally proven that god does not exist, or does exist, so I still believe a god exist until someone prove that a god does not exist. There are news stories of blind people being able to see again after praying at a temple or church, so there is a chance that god made the blind person cured of blindness.

But, I feel mostly lucky people who suddenly no longer are sickness after praying at church, and poor people who became rich after they win the lottery are more likely to believe in god.

I would see it more like this:
If there is a God, and God wants equal treatment to the world, then why are the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer?
And why can't the old people suffering life die because they want to, and the young people die from unexpected circumstances while they never wanted to die to begin with?

But to me believing whether there is a God, there is no God, or there is a whole set of Gods is really an opinion I want individuals to decide over, just as long as nobody goes to war over it (which has historically happened all the time any way).

Looks like there are many people who don't believe in God here. That's good for me as i expected people to preach a little, to be honest.
Thank you guys for understanding and sharing your opinions

So, anyone here, lost their trust in god? Did something happen which made you to lose trust in god?

curious question, why did you believe he was real in the first place?

curious question, why did you believe he was real in the first place?
Oookay. Uhh...I am from a traditional family. Even as I am working in a top field, my dress sense and such are different.
Hmm... When you have been taught something for as long as you are alive, you tend to believe things.

Oookay. Uhh...I am from a traditional family. Even as I am working in a top field, my dress sense and such are different.
Hmm... When you have been taught something for as long as you are alive, you tend to believe things.

and this leads to my answer. Yes, I came from the same type of family, but I don't believe what I don't see and I just could never accept the fact of god. Though I reject the human based vision of god, I however do believe in the 'god moment' that moment or time that something gave birth to not only itself but to everything else.

What came before us and what manages us after the fact, this is what we need to be thinking about.

and this leads to my answer. Yes, I came from the same type of family, but I don't believe what I don't see and I just could never accept the fact of god. Though I reject the human based vision of god, I however do believe in the 'god moment' that moment or time that something gave birth to not only itself but to everything else.

What came before us and what manages us after the fact, this is what we need to be thinking about.
Hmm... Well, we don't question our parents here. They care for us most of our lives and we don't do part-time jobs and get by ourselves. So it's like sheltered life and you don't question things when you had such a life.

True, but there is a time where you must question things.
Well, it's difficult to explain.
They provide you with everything....then what more do you want and how could you question them? Well......guess it'a not at all possible to explain this. Never mind.

Perhaps a good question could be: How is it to believe or not to believe in God? I mean before we deny the existence of someone or something, we might as well know what that signifies for us. In believeing in God, what does it really mean? That he doesn't matter? If we do the same thing to our biological father and say he doesn't exist, then we are just denying even our own existence because we all came from a father, at least biologically speaking.

Yes, there are times that I questioned God for the things I suffered in the past. But he still proves that I should trust him as he know what he is doing. He still got me even though I am not a good person. Even though I sinned a lot. God is always there. He knows when the perfect timing is.

It is actually a sad thing to here. Maybe he is just trying to test your faith if you are really worthy of his love. You should always put your trust in him and never lose hope.

Sometimes I do question God's existence specially when I'm facing a lot of difficulties in life. But despite of that I didn't lost faith in Him. After all, He is the one who will show us the light and the right path.

Back