Luigi’s Mansion 3: A Fine Sequel, Albeit a Surprisingly Unfinished One

GR News

Feed Poster
Awards
Credits
As I’m sure everyone knows by now, I’m a huge fan of the Luigi’s Mansion series. Starting with the original game in 2001, I’ve played through each of the games more times than I can count, with my clear total for the first game being in the 30s and my 3DS software log recording 240 […]
Source

Continue reading...

Considering it did launch in time for Halloween, I'm sure they cut corners.

Apparently it was delayed quite a bit before, and they gave Next Level Games a bit more time too.

But yeah, there are definitely signs it was rushed.

I was very disappointed for the lack of postgame content!
The game was really great for what it was, but the abrupt ending without any new game plus (which the first Luigi's Mansion had!) just made the ending a bummer... After you win, you are essentially locked out of your save file, and I really did not like that! Why not be able to start the game over from the beginning with a gold high score, all of your achievements, ghosts, boos, gems, etc. that you acquired from your first playthrough! Even Dark Moon (which is my favorite installment of the series) allowed you to continue playing and basically start the game over from the beginning (sans viewing the opening cutscene) by replaying missions! You could continue to collect gold for the vault, beat your mission records, capture ghosts, play in the ScareScraper and unlock all the modes and get all the ghosts... I could go on and on! I don't know how to word the rest of the things I can say in this post, so I'll end here!

I was very disappointed for the lack of postgame content!
The game was really great for what it was, but the abrupt ending without any new game plus (which the first Luigi's Mansion had!) just made the ending a bummer... After you win, you are essentially locked out of your save file, and I really did not like that! Why not be able to start the game over from the beginning with a gold high score, all of your achievements, ghosts, boos, gems, etc. that you acquired from your first playthrough! Even Dark Moon (which is my favorite installment of the series) allowed you to continue playing and basically start the game over from the beginning (sans viewing the opening cutscene) by replaying missions! You could continue to collect gold for the vault, beat your mission records, capture ghosts, play in the ScareScraper and unlock all the modes and get all the ghosts... I could go on and on! I don't know how to word the rest of the things I can say in this post, so I'll end here!

All true, but it seems like Nintendo doesn't put in more effort into their games other than Zelda and every other 3D mario game.

Back