Luigi's Mansion 3?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Do you think we'll see one fairly soon, maybe on the Wii U or something? After all, Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon has been extremely well received by critics and stayed put on top of the sales charts in many regions, so it seems like it may well have created a franchise.

I personally hope we get one. After all, there's a ton of great ideas we could see in such a game (I'm writing an article now about the stuff I'd want to see in a third Luigi's Mansion game) and the increased power of the Wii U really would lend itself to an even better sequel than Dark Moon (and a game miles better than the original).

So do you think we'll see a third Luigi's Mansion game any time soon? And if so, what would you want in such a game?

I know it probably sounds weird, but I liked the original more than the sequel. If they make a third game, I hope they go back to the "exploring" formula instead of the missions. Then again, Luigi's Mansion was one of my favorite childhood games, so I'm kind of blinded by nostalgia on that point. :)

I know it probably sounds weird, but I liked the original more than the sequel. If they make a third game, I hope they go back to the "exploring" formula instead of the missions. Then again, Luigi's Mansion was one of my favorite childhood games, so I'm kind of blinded by nostalgia on that point. :)

childhood.. yep im old if my child hood was when Nintendo came out gebus crow

heh. i was thinking this exact same thing a few days ago Nin, how the results for LMDM will bring on a new game soon.

I think, judging by their remake record, if they place one out on Wii U it will be a port 'n polish of the original with updated graphics, controls, and a few added extras. I doubt they will make a LM3 for a while... probably not for another 2 years.

And I also agree.. no more stupidly short and overly repetitive missions. If anything make it like the original game and or the original Resident Evil games and if you need to backtrack have it be for a reason.

Do you think we'll see one fairly soon, maybe on the Wii U or something? After all, Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon has been extremely well received by critics and stayed put on top of the sales charts in many regions, so it seems like it may well have created a franchise. I personally hope we get one. After all, there's a ton of great ideas we could see in such a game (I'm writing an article now about the stuff I'd want to see in a third Luigi's Mansion game) and the increased power of the Wii U really would lend itself to an even better sequel than Dark Moon (and a game miles better than the original). So do you think we'll see a third Luigi's Mansion game any time soon? And if so, what would you want in such a game?

I think it be out like next year if they make a Luigi mansion 3 it should be like out in two years.lol

To be honest, I don't want to see a remake for the next game. Instead, I'd rather the mansion from the original and some locations from the sequel were reused with (some) new ghosts, puzzles, areas, etc. Have you 'revisit' some older locations a few years later and see how they've changed in the meantime.

To be honest, I don't want to see a remake for the next game. Instead, I'd rather the mansion from the original and some locations from the sequel were reused with (some) new ghosts, puzzles, areas, etc. Have you 'revisit' some older locations a few years later and see how they've changed in the meantime.

I like that idea, but I still say remove the missions and make it like exploring a mansion in Resident Evil. Like, if you are going to move from mansion to mansion have it be in real time and you actually travel there. Or in the very least link it all together like Banjo Kazooie did.

Actually, there might have been a hint at a possible sequel.

Remember the ending? E. Gadd used a remote to free the friendly ghosts. That remote had two buttons on it. One with a picture of a greenie and one of a boo. Maybe he accidentally frees the boos and King Boo by pushing that button.

And yes I also want the next Luigi's Mansion to focus more on exploration with bigger levels, no missions, just you and the mansion.

They said they chose the mission structure because it's on a handheld and people play for shorter amounts of time. But why can't you make it like the first game where you can save the progress you've made at any time and then continue where you left off? Maybe you cleared one or two rooms? Just save and continue there next time. I don't see the problem. It's not like you would have to clear an entire mansion in one sitting.

With the missions I keep wanting to go to all the other rooms again when I start another mission expecting something to be there. But more often then not there's nothing there.

Actually, there might have been a hint at a possible sequel.

Remember the ending? E. Gadd used a remote to free the friendly ghosts. That remote had two buttons on it. One with a picture of a greenie and one of a boo. Maybe he accidentally frees the boos and King Boo by pushing that button.

And yes I also want the next Luigi's Mansion to focus more on exploration with bigger levels, no missions, just you and the mansion.

They said they chose the mission structure because it's on a handheld and people play for shorter amounts of time. But why can't you make it like the first game where you can save the progress you've made at any time and then continue where you left off? Maybe you cleared one or two rooms? Just save and continue there next time. I don't see the problem. It's not like you would have to clear an entire mansion in one sitting.

With the missions I keep wanting to go to all the other rooms again when I start another mission expecting something to be there. But more often then not there's nothing there.

Yes, exactly my problem as well. Every once in a while gold ghost but that is it. And with how fast you gain money (i was maxed on all upgrades before stage 2 of chapter 2) there really is not much point other than to grab moolah for 3-star rank. Was REALLY hoping more upgrades would be unlockable or alternate characters or outfits or something. The game is severely lacking in those regards.

Since the Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Was a great game, it gave me a few ideas.
1. More ghosts-- everyone loves to catch the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. That's what the game is about
2.Hidden paths to secret Mansions-- maybe they could make mansions locked unless you find a secret key or path.
3. Increase the number of levels per mansion-- Secret Mine only has 3 levels. not very many to me but it still is a trembling game. :luigi:

To all Ghost Hunters out there: Good Luck!

Since the Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Was a great game, it gave me a few ideas.
1. More ghosts-- everyone loves to catch the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. That's what the game is about
2.Hidden paths to secret Mansions-- maybe they could make mansions locked unless you find a secret key or path.
3. Increase the number of levels per mansion-- Secret Mine only has 3 levels. not very many to me but it still is a trembling game. :luigi:

To all Ghost Hunters out there: Good Luck!

I agree with all of these. The second one's an interesting idea, I'd love to see secret mansions of some sort.

And more levels in the Secret Mine would definitely have been nice.

Well, I've posted what I want in a sequel here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/luigis-mansion-3-what-id-want-to-see/

Also, as for the Boo release button... why did he even have that? E Gadd knows how dangerous Boos are, why have an easy way to release them?

Because he's nuts.

Personally, I think that the LM3 will be made on the next revolutionary console (Gamecube and 3ds), and I hope that it has a different boss. i love King Boo, but I'm kind of wanting a new boss to face Luigi's wits upon.

I know I'm late on this but personally I was slightly sad that they only had the same few ghosts throughout the entire game. In the original the mansion had all of the family members as ghosts so there were a ton of different ghosts which also had the feeling of it being closer to the story. Also, when I found out a second Luigi's Mansion was being made I was thrilled, and my hope's weren't let down, but I admit that I wasn't as thrilled when I realized that they game would not be for the out-of-date gamecube system. But I agree that the mission based formula sucked.

I'd like to see what everyone else thinks -- secret mansions, exploration, etc. BUT... the main thing I want to see is the ability to play as a Mii, like in Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Mario Tennis Open. I know I would explain it all, but... ABILITY TO PLAY AS A MII IS AWESOME. That's all I got, really. XP

Back