froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Luma is Surround WiFi that brings home internet into the modern era. With a focus on speed, safety and security, Luma empowers users with visibility into their home WiFi system and control over their family and home network’s safety. You’ve never had WiFi like this. Pre-order now at http://getluma.com

Surround Wifi does look good for someone who lives in a bigger house, have kids, or want to easily monitor who is on their wi-fi from the smartphone app.

I wonder if surround wifi the future of wi-fi where there are many wi-fi devices which broadcast wifi everywhere instead of just relying on one router which does everything.

sounds nice, but how many do you have to buy to get the surround wifi? And I wonder if that would be an issue in an apartment?

sounds nice, but how many do you have to buy to get the surround wifi? And I wonder if that would be an issue in an apartment?

I think most people will need at least two. Luma sell a pack of 3 for $249 on their website, or 1 for $99. I think for a small apartment you can use 1, but 2 would be better for a bigger apartment.

I would think you need two for the whole surround wifi, otherwise a normal router would do.

I agree, most people probably need two for surround wifi, or sometimes three to four if they live in a larger house or apartment with many rooms.

Back