Mario Kart 7 for 3DS Review 10/10

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer
Awards
Credits
I am suprised no one has made a review for this game yet.

Ok, Mario Kart 7 (MK7) is a downright awesome game and nothing can go wrong here.

Single Player Mode Gameplay: 10/10

If you just bought this game, you will need to practice and check out how to do things first. The 50cc Cups are the place to go. With the cpus on here driving so slow, as if you rapidly press the acceleration button (A) instead of hold it, you will pick up on things in no time. Now the 100cc races are a bit more challenging. You may use this mode if you think you have the hang of things.150cc is really difficult. And so is the later unlocked Mirror Mode. Mirror mode is a flip-flopped course, and the cpus are the same skill level as the 150cc cpus. And they are just a bit harder than average. What this section of the review is about, is the difficulty varying. So this would be an excellent game if you are experienced in the Mario Kart series, or a beginner. Each CC has a method of star rankings that you earn depending on how long you stayed in first place through each course. So, bottom line. Excellent way of putting together a single player mode. I mean the cpus don't even have those "cpu" moments. Like when they keep doing something over and over at a certain spot.

Multi Player Gameplay: 9/10

Like the Single Player Mode, Multi Player Mode also has multiple levels of difficulty, except more. The VR System is a pretty sweet way to tell if an online player is experienced or not, not to mention the wheels, and stars on the person. You get put in the same skill level opponents as you are, even when you play in the worldwide communities! The game actually searches for a group of players that are in your shoes. The only reason this section gets 9/10 is because of the connection. I mean it's pretty awesome to see how technology has advanced, seeing that you connect to the internet to find players from where you are, and even to Japan and Australia! But the problem is the connection. You can only stay connected 24/7 if your router or whatever you use, is in top-notch condition & such. You will not like the error after error after error sequence the connection could cause. Most people do not have the problem in Kid Icarus: Uprsing

Graphics: 10/10

Now the graphics of the game are certainly impressive. They aren't too roundish, if you know what i mean. Compared to the Wii's graphics for our favorite characters. Like in Mario Party 8. Each character is well-defined, and even the courses, which are in 3D, are as if you were driving on the road in real life, but still animated at the same time. That is top-notch material from graphics you would want in any game.

Controls: 10/10

Now the controls are pretty easy to use. The game takes all of the buttons on the 3DS, and gave them each a function for the game. You don't have to move your hand, obviously. But these controls make you feel entirely comfortable. And you even have the option to drive in a First Person Perspective, in addition with the regular 3rd person view. This all makes gameplay entirely awesome and ridiculously addicting.

Glitches: 6/10

The only reason I added this as a section is because Mario Kart 7 is the most glitch-filled game i have ever played. You wouldn't find as many in any SNES, NES, or N64 games. But perhaps this is because all the courses are 3D, there are 32 courses total, and the game offers so many options that developers and testers wouldn't have even thought about. There was no way they could have tested every possibility at every turn. But the good or bad thing is that they made patches for the game so it's not as much "glitchy." But then, even more glitches were discovered by players like YOU! But glitches were never a bad thing, were they? This offers racers the chance to beat racers and cpus a new way.

Unlocking: 10/10

Unlcokables are great. You can unlock characters, new cups, and kart customization options. And the only ways to unlock all of this, is either how many coins you collect total while racing, or if you win the gold trophy (no stars needed) by coming in first place after all 4 courses in a cup. What you unlock is probably expected but still so sweet! Now I'm not going to spoil this part. But let's say the method for unlocking is easy, and rewarding.

Summary: 10/10

All in all, this installment of the Mario Kart series is perhaps the best one (and I haven't even played any other but one, yeah, that's how good it is) Despite any downside I mentioned, even though the downsides are there, it doesn't stop you from wanting to play Mario Kart 7 all the time!

I suggest this game to be the best 3DS game so far! And I suggest YOU to get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a 7 for me, the ds one was much better. Even if the quality and online sucked, the extras and local mulriplayer were great since nobody i know irl has a 3ds but has had a ds.

The 3ds one missed the minigames and Waluigi. The coin and item collectibg got boring as well plus alot glitches.

Dont get ne wrong i love the mk series but it wasnt amazing just great

Nice review in general, although I have to admit I found this hilarious:

The only reason I added this as a section is because Mario Kart 7 is the most glitch-filled game i have ever played. You wouldn't find as many in any SNES, NES, or N64 games.

Oh boy... you've never played much Mario Kart 64 have you? That game was packed with glitches of the kind found in Mario Kart 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqgGHLTcjw8

The game is arguably more 'broken' than Mario Kart 7...

I personally like Mario Kart DS better than this game.In that game, designing custom emblems was pretty cool, and the battle modes were a lot better. In this game, the coin system got annoying, and the fact that red shells got the ability to fly didn't help much. The underwater gimmick was okay, although gliding wasn't as enjoyable. Some of the courses in the game didn't feel like they belonged (specifically the Wuhu ones.) I also felt like this game had a bigger element of luck than past games, which was something I didn't enjoy either.

Nice review in general, although I have to admit I found this hilarious:

The only reason I added this as a section is because Mario Kart 7 is the most glitch-filled game i have ever played. You wouldn't find as many in any SNES, NES, or N64 games.

Oh boy... you've never played much Mario Kart 64 have you? That game was packed with glitches of the kind found in Mario Kart 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqgGHLTcjw8

The game is arguably more 'broken' than Mario Kart 7...

on the contrare, MK7 has more glitches to be found

I personally like Mario Kart DS better than this game.In that game, designing custom emblems was pretty cool, and the battle modes were a lot better. In this game, the coin system got annoying, and the fact that red shells got the ability to fly didn't help much. The underwater gimmick was okay, although gliding wasn't as enjoyable. Some of the courses in the game didn't feel like they belonged (specifically the Wuhu ones.) I also felt like this game had a bigger element of luck than past games, which was something I didn't enjoy either.

Its a 7 for me, the ds one was much better. Even if the quality and online sucked, the extras and local mulriplayer were great since nobody i know irl has a 3ds but has had a ds.

The 3ds one missed the minigames and Waluigi. The coin and item collectibg got boring as well plus alot glitches.

Agreed. This was possibly my least favorite installment of the MK franchise. Asides from the glitches and the poor organization of the online and local play (features that should be pretty standard by this point) the "luck" aspect of the gameplay killed the experience for me. The items felt more unbalanced than ever with the addition of Lucky 7 and even if you try to make the game more fair with a rule like shells only, then the Lucky 7 comes along and gives a player 7 red shells and they are pretty much guaranteed to win as long as they use them wisely. The coin system also added to the problem as removing items entirely made it very difficult to catch up as soon as the player in the lead got enough coins to make sure you never get any.

Since I bought MK7, I have honestly played more MKWii than it.

Last edited by a moderator:

>Its a 7 for me, the ds one was much better. Even if the quality and online sucked, the extras and local mulriplayer were great since nobody i know irl has a 3ds but has had a ds.

Agreed. This was possibly my least favorite installment of the MK franchise. Asides from the glitches and the poor organization of the online and local play (features that should be pretty standard by this point) the "luck" aspect of the gameplay killed the experience for me. The items felt more unbalanced than ever with the addition of Lucky 7 and even if you try to make the game more fair with a rule like shells only, then the Lucky 7 comes along and gives a player 7 red shells and they are pretty much guaranteed to win as long as they use them wisely. The coin system also added to the problem as removing items entirely made it very difficult to catch up as soon as the player in the lead got enough coins to make sure you never get any.

Since I bought MK7, I have honestly played more MKWii than it.

so you guys don't even think it's better than Super Mario Kart?

No, I think that the 2D ones weren't all that great. I can't even play the GBA in the ambassador one. The odd pseudo-3D confuses me sometimes, and driving the karts feels like they barely have any traction.

I haven't found any glitches at all in the game. The only thing I didn't like weee Mario's model and Bowser's model because I thought they looked very blocky.

Nintendo multiplayer in any game will make me give it a 4/10 its fun but way too much ping/lag/disconnects. once they fixed "some" of the shortcuts/ glitches it got better or worse depending how you look at it LOL. i have to say I'm glad i didn't pay for it but it was worth the play.

Nintendo multiplayer in any game will make me give it a 4/10 its fun but way too much ping/lag/disconnects. once they fixed "some" of the shortcuts/ glitches it got better or worse depending how you look at it LOL. i have to say I'm glad i didn't pay for it but it was worth the play.

To clarify, what he means is it came bundled with his 3DS not that he obtained it through illegal means lol

To clarify, what he means is it came bundled with his 3DS not that he obtained it through illegal means lol

yeah 12:30 am I was a bit sleepy to put a decent sentence together.

Back