Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

It's been known for a while this game was coming, today Ubisoft made it official with the above trailer. It’ll be out for the Switch on August 29th 2017.

Here is a developer's look at the game:

I am actually excited. I like the spins on the battle system and I have never played a Rabbids game before, so this seems like a nice way to get acquaintanced with them.

This is worse than I thought. That rabbid Peach makes me feel sick. I'm still probably going to get the game, but it looks so bad. The only redeeming quality is that I get to blast Minions, I mean Rabbids with laser guns.

Mario and Rabbids meet XCOM! I can finally shoot lasers with Mario after all these years. What a cool feeling. I think this game will be pretty fun. The moves you can do when you interact with the environment is pretty cool. Definitely will buy it when I pick up a Switch later in the year.

This is actually one of the games contributing to me wanting to potentially buy a Switch. In some ways I'm more excited about it than I am about Mario Odyssey. Between the mash up of universes, the really nice art direction, and the Xcom-esque gameplay which is a nice, new take on both series', it seems like a really fun time. Ubisoft has been doing quite well this year, and Nintendo has been as convincing as ever.

I'm kind of on the fence about this game. I'm a Mario fan but I'm not sure about this game. If someone gets this game, will you tell me how well you like/dislike it?

I'll be honest, the leaks had me thinking this game would be terrible. The reveal at the Ubisoft conference completely changed my mind. I'll definitely get this game at some point. I'm not really into the whole Rabbids and Minions scene, but their creative take on Mario enemies is charming.

I'll be honest, the leaks had me thinking this game would be terrible. The reveal at the Ubisoft conference completely changed my mind. I'll definitely get this game at some point. I'm not really into the whole Rabbids and Minions scene, but their creative take on Mario enemies is charming.
I think that's why I'm sold on this game. It seems like Mario and Luigi Superstar saga to me. It has that charm factor along with what should be some great comedy bits. The battle system looks solid from what they demoed. Can't wait.

Yeah, not sure I dig the Rabbids (In fact I kind of despise them) and I was rather skeptical about this game, but I... I think I was convinced, seems like a good game to unwind, relax and have some fun.

Plus, I'll admit it, I'm a total softie and I decided to give it a shot the second I saw Davide Soliani crying out of pride. That seriously moved me and I'm going to stop my prejudices and try to judge this game accordingly.

Plus, I'll admit it, I'm a total softie and I decided to give it a shot the second I saw Davide Soliani crying out of pride. That seriously moved me and I'm going to stop my prejudices and try to judge this game accordingly.

This is the only fact that kept me from going on a rampage after this... Thing came onto the screen.
I mean, it's sweet and all; and you gotta admire just how far this man and his creation got, for real! But still, the game doesn't look appealing at all for me. Terrible even.
Not to mention:

The only redeeming quality is that I get to blast Minions, I mean Rabbids with laser guns.

Tiny, ugly creatures messing stuff up while yelling unintelligible words? You, sir, couldn't have said it better.

The music here sounds good:

As well as very Banjo-Kazooie like in general. Which is no surprise really. Grant Kirkhope (the Banjo-Kazooie composer) is making the game's music.

Back