Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Game Model: Premium Single player – No online mode – No DLC – No microtransaction.

Fire up a wild ride across the cosmos with a fresh take on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy . In this third-person action-adventure game, you are Star-Lord, and thanks to your bold yet questionable leadership, you have persuaded an oddball crew of unlikely heroes to join you. Some jerk (surely not you) has set off a chain of catastrophic events, and only you can hold the unpredictable Guardians together long enough to fight off total interplanetary meltdown. Use Element Blasters, tag-team beat downs, jet boot-powered dropkicks, nothing’s off-limits. If you think it’s all going to plan, you’re in for a world of surprises, with the consequences of your actions guaranteed to keep the Guardians on their toes. In this original Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy story, you’ll cross paths with powerful new beings and unique takes on iconic characters, all caught in a struggle for the galaxy’s fate. It’s time to show the universe what you’re made of. You got this. Probably.

Key Features

• Lead the Guardians of the Galaxy – You play as Star-Lord, so nothing’s off-limits with your bold combat style, from Element Blasters and jet boot-powered dropkicks to tag-team beat-downs. With the Guardians fighting at your side, call the shots and overwhelm your opponents with signature attacks. Meanwhile, the consequences of your decisions will range from light-hearted to downright unexpected as your journey unfolds.
  • All-New Story – Your newly-formed band of legendary misfits is set to save the universe in this fresh but faithful take on the Guardians of the Galaxy. Somehow, you set off a chain of catastrophic events, leading to a wild ride through mind-blowing worlds inhabited by iconic and original Marvel characters. Turn up the all-star 80’s mixtape and get ready to kick it.
  • From Misfits to Heroes – You’re the only thing holding the unpredictable Guardians together, so you’ll have to get better at this leadership thing fast. With this offbeat approximation of a family at your side, there will be tears and laughter as you set about tearing into the cosmos together. Whatever’s waiting around the next corner, you know it’s going to be a riot.

The premise of the game looks good but not sure it's something I will try. Might wait for some proper gameplay and walkthroughs before my final decision though.

It looks pretty good. Though someone on Twitter said Star Lord looks like Jake Paul and Idk how I feel about that one.

Read dev interview from gamesindustry biz:

"I think this project probably pushed us to work even more together than perhaps past projects," Fortier says.

"You have to understand what kind of game you're making," Fortier says. "It was clear from the start we were making a narrative-driven action-adventure game. It's the narrative that's going to bring these characters to life, that's going to make the experience unique, that's going to make the game memorable. So we need to pave the way for it. We need to make concessions to pure gameplay, if need be, because it's important to not break the illusion that these characters are alive, that they're true to their personality and... they're part of the team with you."

"For many, many years working in this industry, I've known that story is often subservient to gameplay," DeMarle says. "But if I understand the game and what is the feeling I'm trying to evoke for players, then I can understand that gameplay is trying to do it this way, and story is here to support that or bring it forward. How can the things I write help to emphasize the things the gameplay needs, etc.?

"As long as you always know the game you're trying to make and understand why, then it just comes down to constant communication between narrative and gameplay, and constantly looking and understanding it from that point of view."

The core idea of the Guardians of the Galaxy game came from Marvel, in the sense that the comic company gave them one clear edict from which the creative decisions sprang.

As DeMarle recalls, "They basically told us: 'We want you to create a game that is the Eidos Montreal version of Guardians of the Galaxy. We don't want you to make the movie version, we don't want you to make the comic books. We want you to make this your own, as long as you stay true to the essence of who these characters are'."

"Pretty quickly we stumbled on the idea that what really makes the Guardians unique are the characters themselves, how zany and unpredictable they are, the dysfunction that exists within them," DeMarle says. "So we started thinking about what it would be like to actually be in the center of all that, so you're hanging out with those characters and experiencing them in their full glory."

"It's a combination of our history, our likes, and our blessings," Fortier says of the decision to go single-player for Guardians. "We weren't pressured to look into trends. We just looked at the source material, and it became pretty clear that we were going to hit the core of the Guardians through the narrative. And if you're going to do narrative, then it's not necessarily super-conducive to [live service or multiplayer games]."

DeMarle adds: "By going single-player, we're able to focus on building a strong story... We can put ourselves in a single viewpoint that is facing the story. And knowing that you're working with a team of characters who are unique individuals and very unpredictable, it allows us to start playing with that to build a stronger narrative."

Saw new trailer:

Saw character design video:

saw new trailer:

Saw new trailer:

Saw 2 new trailers:

combat:

Exploration:

Back