PlayStation Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Dat ugly white...

If it's gonna be as half as good as previous Spiderman title it's gonna be great.

Read this from dualshockers:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is said to not only contain the brand-new standalone experience centered around Miles, but it will also include a PS5 remaster of the 2018 Spider-Man game on PS4. This hasn’t been verified by either Insomniac Games or Sony just yet, but the latest issue of Game Informer purports, “Miles Morales isn’t a traditional sequel, since it comes bundled with a remastered version of Insomniac’s Spider-Man that takes full advantage of the PS5 hardware.”

Read this from dualshockers:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is said to not only contain the brand-new standalone experience centered around Miles, but it will also include a PS5 remaster of the 2018 Spider-Man game on PS4. This hasn’t been verified by either Insomniac Games or Sony just yet, but the latest issue of Game Informer purports, “Miles Morales isn’t a traditional sequel, since it comes bundled with a remastered version of Insomniac’s Spider-Man that takes full advantage of the PS5 hardware.”

so you do get more out of it, sounds like I'm putting spiderman on hold till the PS5.

That would actually be quite good. Depending on the price, I would be willing to try it out as well

They mentioned some more stuff, read from dualshockers:

According to Insomniac Games’ creative directors Brian Intihar and Brian Horton, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be “a full arc for Miles Morales” that was started with the original 2018 PS4 game, where Miles was just starting to discover his abilities. Intihar added that the game “has a lot of heart” and that with Miles Morales, “we really are completing this hero’s coming of age in our game.”

The report also suggested that Peter Parker will play into the story to train Miles and “hone his Spidey skills,” but Intihar and Horton emphasized that Miles will be “his own Spider-Man” in Miles Morales. Specifically, Miles will depart from Peter in several ways through how he plays, including his animations, movements, and his unique abilities (such as turning invisible). Horton explained however that Miles’ story will also differ from Peter’s in some interesting ways, such as his origin story being “born out of family” compared to the tragedies that have defined Peter’s life.

In terms of the overall story for the game, Entertainment Weekly explained that Miles Morales will take place in the winter one year after the events of the original Marvel’s Spider-Man. Over the course of the game, players will take on the role of Miles as he defends his home of Harlem from “being torn apart by a war between an energy corporation and a criminal organization armed to the teeth with advanced tech.”

Miles Morales will not be a full-blown sequel to the 2018 title, but instead is “a shorter spin-off” on the scale of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

The more I hear about it, the more excited I become about playing it. I should probably start watching and catching up on the Spiderman movies so that I'm not lost when playing the game. There's a few movies that I missed out on

The more I hear about it, the more excited I become about playing it. I should probably start watching and catching up on the Spiderman movies so that I'm not lost when playing the game. There's a few movies that I missed out on

I don't think this game has any movie tie ins.

Reactions: Ash
New gameplay video:

The game will also be for PS4 and :

On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code* for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. You’ll be able to experience the complete storyline up to this point, which includes the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC so you can play the full narrative arc.

The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.

I think I saw somewhere it will retail at $70 USD.

Yes the ultimate version of the game that includes the original Spidey game upgraded to Ps5 standard.

Read there are no plans currently for a stand alone version of PS5 upgraded version of the original ps4 Spidey game, it's locked with Miles Morales ps5 spidey game:

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is an enhanced version of Marvel’s Spider-Man, and is included as part of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 5. In addition, players who purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4 can upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5 version of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and can take advantage of a paid-upgrade to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered.

There are no plans currently to offer Marvel’s-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to experience Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 also will be backwards compatible on PS5.

Back