Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It's a new year folks and hackers are wasting no time in getting to work. Today Steam was apparently been DDoS'd as well as EA's servers which includes origins and battle field 4.

DDoS attacks are a real issue for companies of any size. 

They're so freaking easy to instigate and so difficult to defend against (it can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars a month for protection that is glitchy, unreliable and if it fails for any reason can shut your whole site/network down).  And to make matters worse these attacks also tend to be very difficult to trace so it makes catching those who are launching them very difficult. 

Unfortunately DDoS attacks aren't going away any time soon either. If anything they're going to likely increase in frequency, duration and strength as individual user internet speed increases (since many DDoS attacks uses computers infected with malware to launch attacks).

Steam wasn't affected as much as Showdown when I was online, :/ (OMG, showdown was the worst)

The people behind these attacks should go to jail. Hacking nerds in jail are going to get it reeeeally good lmfao  : P

DDoS attacks wont go away unless the internet is shut down for good, which will never happen. Also people need to learn to protect their computers because it is their computers that are being used by criminals to do the DDoS. So although the attackers are responsible, it is the victims that hold slight responsibility for not protecting their own equipment. (When I say victims I don't mean the intended target of the DDoS, I mean the computer that was compromised)

DDoS is the proper term here since, as far as we know right now, no protection was broken through (so it's not actually hacking or cracking). 

Most times DDoS attacks are done to cause havoc and/or annoyance for the target. Since, like mentioned in my previous post, they are costly to defend against and are relatively easy to launch.

Back