Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

McDonald's officially revealed its newest Pokemon promotion with a plethora of exclusive toys to be included with Happy Meals. The promotion will see McDonald's iconic Happy Meal boxes rebranded with a Pikachu design complete with pop-out ears on top of the box. The McDonald's Match Battle event revealed the toys featured within its newest Pokemon Happy Meals with fans able to score a pack of four cards, a special coin, and a Pokemon-themed spinner. The promotion is set to run through early next month with the end date set for September 6.

It is nice that McDonalds is now including Pokemon cards in Happy Meals.

I haven't bought nor collected Pokémon cards for over 15 years, but the state of collecting them has become insanely screwed up as of recent years. Just like the last time McDonald's offered Pokémon Trading Cards (back in February 2021), I predict that the scalpers are going to have a field day swarming over to random McDonald's and snatching up all the Pokémon cards and leaving none for the kiddos and Pokémon TCG players/collectors that won't spend jacked up scalper values for them.

I hope McDonald's has some anti-scalper countermeasures set in place to prevent this promotion from being a repeat of last year.

I haven't bought nor collected Pokémon cards for over 15 years, but the state of collecting them has become insanely screwed up as of recent years. Just like the last time McDonald's offered Pokémon Trading Cards (back in February 2021), I predict that the scalpers are going to have a field day swarming over to random McDonald's and snatching up all the Pokémon cards and leaving none for the kiddos and Pokémon TCG players/collectors that won't spend jacked up scalper values for them.

I hope McDonald's has some anti-scalper countermeasures set in place to prevent this promotion from being a repeat of last year.

Worse of all, most of those scalpers just tossed the food.

Seen some tweets about people not even getting the Pokemon items and getting toys from previous promotions. Looks like some of the staff are taking them before the scalpers ^^;

Seen some tweets about people not even getting the Pokemon items and getting toys from previous promotions. Looks like some of the staff are taking them before the scalpers ^^;
I wouldn't be surprised. They aren't paid enough to give them any drive to give them to the customers first.

My local McDonald's had a bunch of the cards stolen a few years ago by staff, bunch of them got sacked after being caught selling them on ebay.

Back