Mega Man Series

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Ok so I don't really know if this would go here, but seeing as MM originally was on the NES I figured it would go here. As if there's really another place to put it.

Anyway basically you can talk about MM original, the X series, the Zero series, and Legends series. However keep it spoiler free.

So in July I went to a gamestop with my friend and this girl I like and my friend was buying games and I had no money. So for like no reason the girl I like said, "I'll get you a game." I said, "No, no it's you're money and I don't you spending it on me," and she said, "Think of it as a 16 day late birthday present." So I decided to get the Mega Man Zero Collection on the DS. From the moment I beat Zero 1 up to Zero 4 I loved it and I wanted more Mega Man, but I didn't think there was more Zero. I know there is now, but whatever. So I plan on getting the Mega Man Collection for Gamecube and the Mega Man X collection for Xbox. Some day I hope to get ZX and ZX Advent. As for the Legend series, I know nothing about it.

Now it's your turn to share.

I played MM6 once. I can't beat any of the robot masters without cheating.

Dudes ive been MegaMan games since I was 3 and ive played each and every single one of them and I think the X and Zero series are the best. The actoin the story are just epic that goes without saying about the oringinal MegaMan there just as good. But if you didn't play the X series and starting with MegaMan Zero. Highly recomend playing the X series so you can understand whats going on in the Zero series. Also play the original MegaMan series.

Yeah. I played the Zero games before the X games and the whole time I thought, "What the heck is going on?"
I mean I thought X looked like some kind of Mega Man, but he was apparently evil, but then he was a clone and the spirt of X then he helps Zero, but he was reserecected again from his normal self and he was evil, but he was another clone. Also apparently Zero was helping the bad guys, who are now the good guys?

I still don't understand it 100%, but I think I got the gist. However this is why I want the X collection.

Also good thing spoiler tags work.
wink.gif

Yeah. I played the Zero games before the X games and the whole time I thought, "What the heck is going on?"
I mean I thought X looked like some kind of Mega Man, but he was apparently evil, but then he was a clone and the spirt of X then he helps Zero, but he was reserecected again from his normal self and he was evil, but he was another clone. Also apparently Zero was helping the bad guys, who are now the good guys?

I still don't understand it 100%, but I think I got the gist. However this is why I want the X collection.

Also good thing spoiler tags work.
wink.gif

*Sighs* He's Copy X.
STARTS STORY:

MEGA MAN ZERO ONE:

It is sometime after some battle. Probably 400 years. Reploids have gone against their human masters. A band of Resistance soldiers (Reploids), And their leader Ciel(Human) are looking for The legendary reploid Zero. Many die, none live. They finally find him, only to have the second-to-last Soldier die. Milan, the final Soldier, Protects ciel from the Evil guys.
He takes alot of hits to protect ciel, But dies. His death was not in vain, for They Ressurect Zero. Zero does this and that, faces off with the 4 guardians, To find ciel. She says that she was the one who created Copy X, But he turned evil. Zero accepts the fact she did it, for her intentions we for good. Zero goes on to Destroy Copy X. He succeds, and Copy X is no more. A huge explosion envelops The area, And zero finds himself in the desert, surrounded by Evil guys. Zero realizes he must fight to the very end, and Runs into all the evil guys.

If you mean the clone thing I said that in the spoiler tags. If you mean no spoilers I said it in the first post.

The X series is a bit strange to me. I prefer the classic series a lot more.
Random thought, does "Mega Man and Bass" count as a "classic series" game or an outlier? I still can't figure out where it fits.

I'm actually not sure. I've never finished it because so dang hard. Though I figure that it takes place after Bass's fisrt appearance, which would be MM7, but there's really no way to tell.

Now that you think about it, it likely came after 8, since it borrows a lot of 8's graphics (and 7's sound effects. >.>)

I wouldn't know. I've only played and beaten 2. Though when I do get MMAC I'll get like 1-8. Or to 7. I'll check eventually.

Edit: It's 1-8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know anything about the legends series? Im really interested in it.

All I know is that it takes place thousands of years after the events of MM Zero. Or Zx Advent.

When I get my laptop I might play Legends.

In MZ3, It's discovered that the Zero they resurrected is actually a fake one, and omega is in the real one's body. Zero destroys his real body anyway.

That shocked me when I found that out. Also I think I heard that Zero in ZX is a different Zero from the original and the clone in the Zero games.

I hate convoluted story lines that always change themselves at the last minute. Sorry. :squint:

Meh, might not have needed the spoiler tags, but whatever...

In the final Zero game, Zero finally stops Dr. Weil, and dies in the process. :'(

Back