Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I'm so hyped about this it's not even funny. I've never played a Mega Man X game, but my first ever Mega Man game was Mega Man Zero collection for the DS where it had Mega Man Zero 1-4. I didn't know it was supposed to be a direct sequel to the X games so a lot of things in the games made little sense to me, so I'm excited to finally get to experience it.

I'm so hyped about this it's not even funny. I've never played a Mega Man X game, but my first ever Mega Man game was Mega Man Zero collection for the DS where it had Mega Man Zero 1-4. I didn't know it was supposed to be a direct sequel to the X games so a lot of things in the games made little sense to me, so I'm excited to finally get to experience it.

You should like it up to X4, after that you will either love the series or start to hate it...

I do have a few thoughts on it...

1- Why is it 2 games? (Other than to milk people for money...) We have blue ray capacity now (50GB) there's no way these games take THAT much space.
2- It's not a complete collection still (Command Mission anyone? X-treme 1 and X-treme 2?).
3- The challenge boss mode is cool, kinda makes me want a MegaMan X maker though.
4- I have mixed feelings on the product listing. It's like "here's all this cool stuff you could have bought over the years, is highly collectible now and costs a fortune..." or "Go buy more MegaMan merch!" but at the same time it's neat to see everything they've released.
5- Does this mean they see the X series now and are planning on making an X9?

Honestly though, despite it being nice to have the collection, I kinda don't want it. I just want them to make X9 already and stop milking things they've already done.

I do have a few thoughts on it...

1- Why is it 2 games? (Other than to milk people for money...) We have blue ray capacity now (50GB) there's no way these games take THAT much space.
2- It's not a complete collection still (Command Mission anyone? X-treme 1 and X-treme 2?).
3- The challenge boss mode is cool, kinda makes me want a MegaMan X maker though.
4- I have mixed feelings on the product listing. It's like "here's all this cool stuff you could have bought over the years, is highly collectible now and costs a fortune..." or "Go buy more MegaMan merch!" but at the same time it's neat to see everything they've released.
5- Does this mean they see the X series now and are planning on making an X9?

Honestly though, despite it being nice to have the collection, I kinda don't want it. I just want them to make X9 already and stop milking things they've already done.

crap I forgot about Command mission, that was a fun RPG style for this series. Wouldn't mind a second one.

This is for the switch though which lacks large game storage. So I can see why they may need to break it up.

If we want to see X9, we most likely need high sales from this collection release. But again, I'm all for restarting this series over to better include all the different factions to make a better story.

Even for the switch the memory cards are still 16-32GB...
X1-3 takes 6MB total (2MB per game).
X4-6 takes 1750MB total (650MB per game).
X7/8/CM take 12000MB total (4000MB per game).

So rough numbers here but the whole X collection (including command mission) is under 14,000MB (or 14GB). But let's presume that the extra menus, modes, music, videos and images fill up an extra 2GB to make 16GB total.

Though in truth the numbers are likely WAY less than what I've listed as Command Mission was shipped on a gamecube disc which had a limit of 1.28GB (not 4GB compared to the PS2's DVD). Which means storage requirements wise they would have a ton of room left.

Even for the switch the memory cards are still 16-32GB...
X1-3 takes 6MB total (2MB per game).
X4-6 takes 1750MB total (650MB per game).
X7/8/CM take 12000MB total (4000MB per game).

So rough numbers here but the whole X collection (including command mission) is under 14,000MB (or 14GB). But let's presume that the extra menus, modes, music, videos and images fill up an extra 2GB to make 16GB total.

Though in truth the numbers are likely WAY less than what I've listed as Command Mission was shipped on a gamecube disc which had a limit of 1.28GB (not 4GB compared to the PS2's DVD). Which means storage requirements wise they would have a ton of room left.

It could be the OS they use to manage all the games taking up that extra space, but that's besides the point that I see this collection is coming to other consoles as well, meaning it can be all in one.

Anyways, if this goes on sale, I'll pick up the first collection, I honestly lost interest in this series after X5.

Saw this:

Weekly Famitsu is collecting opinions on Mega Man (the franchise) for a feature article commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Blue Bomber, and they are extending the invitation to overseas fans as well.

The Mega Man Questionnaire link
Weekly Famitsu Questionnaire

Back