Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A new chapter has been added to the already storied production of Men in Black III.

The Los Angeles Times reports that production on the Barry Sonnenfeld-directed 3D sequel was supposed to resume this week in New York after a previously scheduled hiatus, but now that start date's been postponed due to ongoing script issues.

"The Will Smith sequel was initially set to start shooting in October. But producers delayed the start date by nearly a month (a New York Post report at the time noted creative disagreements between Smith and filmmakers, a report that Sony denied)," the Times recounts. "About a month later, producers opted to break production of the film into two phases: the first part, set in the present, would begin in November and wrap before the holidays (it in fact did that), but the second part, set in 1969, would not begin shooting until mid-February."

The Times says production now won't resume until March 28 while screenwriter Jeff Nathanson continues honing the script, and that it's not certain whether the extended delay will impact the threequel's planned May 2012 release date.

source

this sucks.

Will is in it, you guys. Take a look for yourselves: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1409024/

It's releasing in 2012, I can't wait that long. :(

i will be watching the first two mib before i watch this... i have never seen the first two mib

Wow, I loved Man in Black series when i was younger. I didn't know there were another one coming out! This is great news.

I hope Will Smith is in it. Wouldn't really be the same without him.
While I love the series and am glad for a new movie, I hope it's better than the second one. The first one was great, but the second one... not so much.

It's Will Smith that makes these films watchable in my opinion. I didn't even know there was a Men in Black 3 even being worked on.

Back