Metal Gear Rising won't get any sort of multiplayer at all

dexterlablab1

Game Master
Awards
Credits
Konami had an interview where they talked about their upcoming plans for the game. DLC will only be characters and new missions. No multiplayer in sight

http://techdeville.com/2012/06/10/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-dlc-will-bring-new-playable-charaters-and-missions/

That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Remember MGS4? Remember THAT multiplayer which was dropped less than a year after the game was released for no descernable reason?

If I recall right, Rising was passed to Platinum games... That means I expect a very kick ass game.

Though I'm rather glad they have no plans for a multiplayer. They should focus on the single player and make it amazing. Really polish the game up and make it look and play fantastic. (Of which I don't doubt that they're doing. Platinum made some very good games and I'd like to see more from them.) Plus multiplayer often feels tacked on and many times after a few weeks it turns into ghost town with no one playing.

I mean it feels like nowadays many companies feel they have to have some sort of online multiplayer to their games. Which is just sad. It's not needed at all and can very easily suck a ton of good development time and money away from the single player where it really should have been used.

They could do what Kojima did with MGS4 and work on MP after the game comes out.

Back