Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read some stuff on it from dualshockers, wonder how this will go, Isaac as Snake looks good from the mockup art imo:

Oscar Isaac Wants to Play Snake in the Metal Gear Solid Movie, Director Says “The Ball’s in Oscar’s Court”

We’ve known for awhile now that there is a Metal Gear Solid movie in the works that is being directed by Kong: Skull Island’s Jordan Vogt-Roberts. As of now, the film is still in the pre-production stages with the initial script being said to have been finished last summer.

Speaking to IGN during a press event for his upcoming film Triple Frontier, Oscar Isaac, likely best known for his role as Poe Dameron in the new Star Wars trilogy, said he’d be interested in joining the cast of the Metal Gear Solidmovie. “Metal Gear Solid, that’s the one. I’m throwing my hat in for that one,” Isaac said to IGN. When asked who he’d like to play in the film, Isaac nonchalantly responded, “Snake, man.”

It didn’t take long for this word to eventually get to director Vogt-Roberts himself, who seems to have already previously entertained the idea of Isaac playing Snake. In a new tweet following this news, Vogt-Roberts shared that last August he messaged artist BossLogic to mock up an image of what Isaac would look like as Snake.

D0x6NZxUcAA_3ro.jpg

Last edited:
Read an update from deadline Oscar Isaac will indeed play Solid Snake, nice :

Sony’s long awaited Metal Gear Solid adaptation looks to have gained some major momentum as sources tell Deadline that Oscar Isaac is attached to play Solid Snake in the Jordan Vogt-Roberts film. The movie is currently in development at Sony Pictures with Vogt-Roberts on board to direct.

I played Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation 1. Hopefully, this movie turns out good.

Back