SGF Metaphor: ReFantazio

Summer Game Fest
It's going to be one hell of a sight to see.
Just watch the older series of Scooby-Doo and it would look no different.

one of the Japanese Vas got fired because of an affair with a fan, translated by VGC:

Toru Furuya was set to contribute to the game’s voice cast, but last month it was reported by Japanese tabloid Shūkan Bunshun that he had a four-year affair with a fan who was 37 years younger than him.

Furuya then took to X to confirm that the report was accurate, and also confessed that at one point during the relationship he struck her, and made her get an abortion after making her pregnant.

“I cannot apologise enough for betraying the trust of all my fans who have supported me over the years, disappointing them, hurting them and tarnishing my character,” Furuya said in his statement.

Atlus posted a statement on its website on Tuesday, confirmed that Furuya will be removed from the game and replaced by a new actor.

“Atlus Co, Ltd is announcing that due to various circumstances, the voice actor Toru Furuya, who was announced to appear in the new RPG Metaphor: ReFantazio, scheduled for release on October 11, will be changed,” the statement reads.

“The new casting will be announced in a follow-up report scheduled for July. We hope you will continue to support Metaphor: ReFantazio.”

one of the Japanese Vas got fired because of an affair with a fan, translated by VGC:

Toru Furuya was set to contribute to the game’s voice cast, but last month it was reported by Japanese tabloid Shūkan Bunshun that he had a four-year affair with a fan who was 37 years younger than him.

Furuya then took to X to confirm that the report was accurate, and also confessed that at one point during the relationship he struck her, and made her get an abortion after making her pregnant.

“I cannot apologise enough for betraying the trust of all my fans who have supported me over the years, disappointing them, hurting them and tarnishing my character,” Furuya said in his statement.

Atlus posted a statement on its website on Tuesday, confirmed that Furuya will be removed from the game and replaced by a new actor.

“Atlus Co, Ltd is announcing that due to various circumstances, the voice actor Toru Furuya, who was announced to appear in the new RPG Metaphor: ReFantazio, scheduled for release on October 11, will be changed,” the statement reads.

“The new casting will be announced in a follow-up report scheduled for July. We hope you will continue to support Metaphor: ReFantazio.”
It's a different culture. What a world we live in.

Too bad with the abortion though affair or no. Japan as a nation needs more new born babies to help with the population count.

Back