Microsoft acts humble, admits Nintendo and Sony are tough competition

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=159336

Microsoft Europe's Chris Lewis said:
It's a challenging market (in Japan). We are up against very strong competition there.. We're very respectful of what Sony and Nintendo do and where they've come from and what they bring.

They're not kidding either, the Xbox has been soundly trashed sales wise in Japan, with the 3DS already outselling its lifetime record. Seems Japanese gamers don't like Microsoft as much as those in the US.

Hurray for humbleness!

Stupid sony would never do that ha

http://www.gonintend...story&id=159336

Microsoft Europe's Chris Lewis said:
It's a challenging market (in Japan). We are up against very strong competition there.. We're very respectful of what Sony and Nintendo do and where they've come from and what they bring.

They're not kidding either, the Xbox has been soundly trashed sales wise in Japan, with the 3DS already outselling its lifetime record. Seems Japanese gamers don't like Microsoft as much as those in the US.
Don't forget us in Australia. Microsoft is pretty popular here, but Nintendo is still my personal and all-time favourite.

Really? Wow, talk about fanboyism. I believe we've seem examples of humbleness from all three companies. From Microsoft admitting their design flaw, honoring free warranties for 3 years, and admitting they're weakness in the Japanese gaming market. Nintendo for cutting salaries, giving free games, and dropping the 3DS price early in the game. Sony executives taking long low bows at their conference apologizing for the PSN hack debacle, which is a big sign of respect and admittance of responsibility in Japanese culture, and by providing free games and insurance protection service as compensation for said responsibility.

Microsoft has always failed in the Japanese markets. The Xbox has never seen many third-party games of Japanese origin either. I've always wondered why, to be honest.

Really? Wow, talk about fanboyism. I believe we've seem examples of humbleness from all three companies. From Microsoft admitting their design flaw, honoring free warranties for 3 years, and admitting they're weakness in the Japanese gaming market. Nintendo for cutting salaries, giving free games, and dropping the 3DS price early in the game. Sony executives taking long low bows at their conference apologizing for the PSN hack debacle, which is a big sign of respect and admittance of responsibility in Japanese culture, and by providing free games and insurance protection service as compensation for said responsibility.
ohmy.gif
I guess sony does care about their fans. I need to stop being so narrow-minded hah

As far as I know, near all my friends have Xbox 360's and not a 3DS. So maybe Japan really only represents Japan.

Back