Microsoft Internet Explorer

There are reviews on Internet Explorer 9 which say IE9 is better then older versions like IE 8 and below which were not very good to use. I used IE 9 a few times, and it is okay, but it is not as fast as Google Chrome for some tasks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvOD8t4Nk0

Internet Explorer is still the number 2 web browser in the world, and it was number 1 for the past few years since a lot of companies and schools still use IE 6. I think the main cause of IE being number 2 is because a lot of people are switching to Apple Macs, iPads, Google Android, and Linux based computers and devices to browse the web which are not compatible with IE since IE only works on Windows.

I think Xbox release a browser because now the Xbox 360 has Kinect which can recognize motion, voice, and hand gestures easily, so you don't need a keyboard or controller to use the browser. You can just make a hand gesture or talk to the Kinect to use the web browser.

There are reviews on Internet Explorer 9 which say IE9 is better then older versions like IE 8 and below which were not very good to use. I used IE 9 a few times, and it is okay, but it is not as fast as Google Chrome for some tasks.

I think Xbox release a browser because now the Xbox 360 has Kinect which can recognize motion, voice, and hand gestures easily, so you don't need a keyboard or controller to use the browser. You can just make a hand gesture or talk to the Kinect to use the web browser.

This. They even made it a point to say that the mouse and keyboard didn't belong in the living room. I've also heard that IE9 is better and they probably improved it with the intent of making it optimal on the XBox.

I don't even use internet explorer on the computer. The only time I do is to check when I update my website to make sure it looks okay in that browser. Since this will be the first version release, I can see this having major bugs.

I already despise Internet Explorer with a passion, so... ugh. Couldn't they make it like a multi-browser option thing?

Well, maybe the Microsoft Showcase really was bad if this much attention is being given to IE9 on the XBox. It's not even something that the average person is going to use that much, so why all of the fuss and hand wringing? :blink: That should've been a footnote in the overall presentation.

I think that its nice that they are going to do this, and maybe it will turnout positiviely. However, as we all know IE is just such a horrible web broswer that the expectations to begin with are low, but maybe they will surprise us all.

I already despise Internet Explorer with a passion, so... ugh. Couldn't they make it like a multi-browser option thing?

That would be great but I doubt microsoft would allow browser competitors like chrome or firefox allowed on their device. Someone would have to release some type of trick to get those added it. Internet explorer isn't that bad because it's better than having nothing.

Out of all the internet browsers they put internet explorer on there smh. I never like this browser, so its a thumbs down for me. Put google chrome on that bad boy lol, I would pay for that.

I really doubt this will be very good at all.
One, console browsers usually aren't the best. Even if it's "easy to use", I doubt it will be much better.
Two, I hate Internet Explorer. I've never been a huge fan and most people aren't.
The greatest thing I've heard about IE is...
"Internet Explorer; the best browser to download other browsers."

I don't see a point to a console browser at all, but if you have to have one then I'm not going to pitch a fit over using IE because I don't have much of an issue with IE. At least it isn't as much of a memory hog as FF.

How can anyone think this is a good idea?

Every time someone puts a browser on a console it's just easier for them to cheat.

I really hope they are going to disable the download feature in IE so there are fewer chances that this will happen. I don't even know why they want to put a browser on xbox anyway. Isn't that what everyone's laptop and desktops are for?

I'm sorry, but I have to ask: is a browser on a console really worth this much consternation? How many of you really use your console's browser? Exactly! So what does it matter which one is on there?

I still think this browser will work better than all of the other ones due to the voice and hand controls that the Kinect provides.

Actually, I think its quite a good idea, I mean its not exactly a BAD thing, and I'm not saying its going to do well either, but it is helpful when your to lazy to go on your computer(like me!) and it makes it much easier to keep updated with things if you can just go on websites through the Xbox.

But you could be right and it turns out to be terrible, and annoying. All I really wan't is to be able to change the homepage from Bing, Google is better, no argument about it.

Its very rare that I ever use IE on my PC :p
I never found it appropriate to use IE instead of Firefox or Chrome. FF and Chrome are much better in their functioning and security features. Moreover they provide addons that are awesome! :)

Microsoft should've went with the Google Chrome browser, but they want to use their own browser. I use my browser on my PS3, but it doesn't work as good as my laptop. I guess people will find use for it, maybe to download music or something. I wonder will the browser have flash support?

Yeah, somehow I don't think that is what Microsoft is doing. If anything, they will probably show how they can do things better than a PS3. No one needs a browser on a console, but it will be much easier to use just by your voice and hand movements.

Internet Explorer is the worst Internet browser ever made. Putting it on the Xbox would be the worst idea ever. It's gonna be even slower on the Xbox. It's gonna be an epic fail.

Back