froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
MICROSOFT HAS TAKEN another step in its embracing of once sworn enemy Linux with news that there are plans for a full Linux kernel to be rolled into Windows 10.

Read More

I never expected Windows 10 ever coming with the full Linux Kernel.

I feel the Linux Kernel coming to Windows 10 could be good for more advance users like software developers who own a computer which doesn't have enough free space on its storage to install both Windows 10 and Linux on another drive partition or on a Virtual Machine software like VirtualBox.

Being able to use Linux software in Windows 10 can also save users time by not needing to restart their computer, and login to a Linux based operating system like Ubuntu Linux which may take a few minutes to boot into if the computer is a slower computer with a slower CPU and less RAM.

So, why put linux into Windows 10 exactly?

Honestly, using the reasoning of “it’s good for software developers who don’t have enough space on their hard drive” is really going to be 1% of software developers. Especially since you can run Linux distros off of external storage devices.

That's great news for me.

Too bad that I am still too fond of my custom themes of windows 7, to upgrade to windows 10

Kind of pointless, might be nice for a little few users but most will never use it or find it to be unusable.

The Windows Linux Kernel may not be used by a large percentage of Windows 10 users, but there may still be many users who use it at school, or home for different tasks.

I think there will be some more advance users, elementary school, high school and college computer classes which may try the Linux Kernel in Windows 10 instead of using a virtual machine software, dual-booting Windows and Linux, and installing Linux on a USB drive.

Last edited:
Back