Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
read from NicheGamer:

The new streaming device would focus on cloud gaming, as they’ve recently released their Xbox cloud service. This service has also been expanded to their home consoles with the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

Now it’s being reported that Microsoft is working on low cost hardware that would allow users to play cloud games directly to their TV without needing a console or mobile device.

“Our vision for Xbox Cloud Gaming is unwavering, our goal is to enable people to play the games they want, on the devices they want, anywhere they want,” Microsoft said (via WindowsCentral).

They added, “As announced last year, we’ve been working on a game-streaming device, codename Keystone, that could be connected to any TV or monitor without the need for a console.”

Coming from the statement, it appears “Keystone” has been in development for a couple years and that it will continue to be developed for potentially another year as they finalize their product specs.

I feel Microsoft Keystone device would be similar to video streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Onlive game streaming console.

Pretty cool and good for single-player games. Cloud gaming for multiplayer games is just a pain though. Even with very good internet, it's just not a good experience.

Cloud gaming really is the future huh?

I feel cloud gaming is not ready for people with slow internet connections, or worry about the yearly cost about subscribing to cloud games.

Subscribing to Cloud gaming for many months can be more expensive than buying a few games for console, handheld, mini-console, PC, tablet, and smartphone per year. I think cloud gaming maybe good for people who play many new games per year instead of only a few new games per year.

I feel Microsoft Keystone device would be similar to video streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Onlive game streaming console.
My thoughts exactly except Microsoft would stream games instead of video.

I feel cloud gaming is not ready for people with slow internet connections, or worry about the yearly cost about subscribing to cloud games.

Subscribing to Cloud gaming for many months can be more expensive than buying a few games for console, handheld, mini-console, PC, tablet, and smartphone per year. I think cloud gaming maybe good for people who play many new games per year instead of only a few new games per year.

Doesn't matter if people with slow internet can be ready or not, its clear companies aren't willing to wait for infrastructure to catch up.

I agree that the Microsoft Keystone device would be similar to video streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and the OnLive game streaming console.

Pretty cool and good for single-player games. Cloud gaming for multiplayer games is just a pain though. Even with very good internet, it's just not a good experience.

I am getting a bit tired with the single player option. I want to have a go at another player that I am playing with.

Back