Xbox Microsoft Kills $1 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Offer

DaBoss38

Staff member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
From PC Magazine:

Microsoft isn't going to offer a $1 trial for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or PC Game Pass anymore.

As The Verge reports, Microsoft confirmed the decision in a statement by Kari Perez, head of global communications at Xbox, who explained "We have stopped our previous introductory offer for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass and are evaluating different marketing promotions for new members in the future."

Xbox Games Pass Ultimate usually costs $14.99 per month, but the generous trial got you a first month of access for just $1. We will have to wait an see what alternative promotions Microsoft thinks up, but it will be hard to beat the $1 pricing. There are currently thought to be around 25 million(Opens in a new window) Xbox Game Pass subscribers worldwide.

Last year, Microsoft started to roll out a Game Pass Friends & Family plan. It's not available in the US yet, but when it does arrive gamers can expect to pay around $25 per month for up to five users sharing an account. That's just $5 each if you know four friends who'll sign up to share the account with you.

Microsoft's focus is currently on attempting to get its $68.7 billion Activision Blizzard acquisition finalized, while also preparing to launch an Xbox App Store for Android and iOS in 2024. That's assuming regulators force Google and Apple to relax the rules around app stores on their mobile platforms.

Great. Now my friends have to pay. *They aren't paying and I have no friends.*

It is unfortunate, Microsoft killed the $1 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Offer. I wonder if the offer will comeback with a higher price like $3.

Back