Multi Microsoft Lay Offs

fords8

Having a Good Time
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

Microsoft is laying off 1900 (9%) employees in the gaming unit. CEO Phil Spencer said it would reduce areas of overlap. $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, I guess they would see overlap.

Should I give a link to the full story?

How can they make my boy Spyro the Dragon if they lay off some TFB staff? They're ruining his own year.

I hope the workers who got lay off can quickly find new jobs. It is sad to know so many workers will lose their jobs from Microsoft.

I think it's just extra hands, so the main game makers are still there.
They are running on less staff and no rehires or applications are open. I know it can still be done and I would rather wait until more people work together because it would imply a better-built and inspired game. I can't believe how many talented people just got booted without keeping their work. I can't be nice to the team now but I want to know how things turn out.

These are sadly pretty common with buyouts and such. Although it really seems iffy on how they pulled it off as there are reports of employees calling reporters asking if they were affected.

There was a little bit of info that came out with it that most Call of Duties will be 4 year dev cycles, which is quite long for the norm. That may have also played a part

Back