froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft’s Edge browser is the replacement for Internet Explorer, but it was a bit of a mess when Windows 10 launched. The change in browsers hasn’t stopped users from flocking to alternatives like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Apparently Microsoft thinks it can stop that with some needling in the form of taskbar popups. PC World editor Brad Chacos spotted one of these and grabbed a screenshot before dismissing the ad.

Read More

Hopefully, Microsoft will eventually turn off the ads for Edge after most people see the ad since I think it is not necessary to advertise Edge for many months to years in Windows 10.

Truly waste of money.

Edge blows. I've been using Chrome for quite awhile and my g/f uses Opera. Forced ads suck. :(

I haven't see any yet tho! lol

Maybe you have Suggestions turned off in Windows 10 Notifications & Actions section.

According to the original article on ExtremeTech, "The Edge ad is part of Microsoft’s tips and tricks. To turn that off, you need to go to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions and turn off the “tips, tricks, and suggestions” toggle."

Microsoft may of cancelled the Edge ads before turning the ads on after a lot of users complained on the internet that they don't want Edge Taskbar ads on Windows 10 desktop Taskbar.

I guess it's turned off! lol

I usually turn stuff like ads, and notifications off if there is a setting for it in the operating system or software because I find notifications ads kind of distracting. Plus, they probably slow down Windows when they pop-up.

I am using Edge right now and I don't see any ads. Hmm... I wonder if it's only for certain countries.

I am using Edge right now and I don't see any ads. Hmm... I wonder if it's only for certain countries.

If you disabled tips, tricks, and suggestions in notifications settings, or bought your computer from a third-party PC maker where they turned off "tips, tricks, and suggestions", you won't see the ads for Edge.

If you disabled tips, tricks, and suggestions in notifications settings, or bought your computer from a third-party PC maker where they turned off "tips, tricks, and suggestions", you won't see the ads for Edge.
I have yet to understand how Windows 10's Action Center works, so I don't know what to turn off. I'm guessing it's turned off by default...

I have yet to understand how Windows 10's Action Center works, so I don't know what to turn off. I'm guessing it's turned off by default...

It maybe turned off by default if you bought your computer from a store or PC builder company which turned it off for you before you bought the PC.

Sometimes third-party system utility and PC maintenance speed up programs may turn off Action center notifications to make Windows run and feel faster. If you share your PC with other PC users like your brother, friend, and parents, they may of turned off Action center notifications because notifications are annoying when users are busy watching a video, or surfing the web.

Back