froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft finally replaced Internet Explorer with a new web browser called Edge in Windows 10, and it’s a major improvement, with a prettier design and exciting new features. It’s not perfect yet, but Microsoft is urging users to stick with it when they attempt to switch.

In its latest Windows 10 preview, which comes with build number 10568, Microsoft has introduced a new prompt that asks users to give Edge another shot when they attempt to choose a new default browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Read More

I don't really like those prompts/pop-up windows which ask me to change a web browser to my default web browers.

I think most people who install Chrome, and Firefox, and want to use them as their default browser would not want prompts asking them to use Edge as the default browser.

I'll give MS merits of trying to get people to use their browser, but they should have just given up and partnered with someone.

I agree partnering with someone could make Microsoft's web browser better. I think people who have bad experiences with Microsoft web browsers like Internet Explorer, so they don't want to use any web browser made by Microsoft because of their bad experiences with Internet Explorer crashing, and getting infected with unwanted software like toolbars, adware, viruses, and spyware.

I really thought for sure MS go into google for a chrome partnership.

I think MS would more likely partner with either Firefox or Opera as a partnership since I feel Google does not want to partner with Microsoft on a web browser when Chrome is already one of most popular web browser, and partnering with Microsoft on making a web browser may hurt Chrome's reputation because of the poor reputation of Internet Explorer.

I also read that Microsoft Edge is not as good as other browsers because there are not as many plug-ins, add-ons/extensions, and themes which are made for Edge. Edge still have software problems based on forum posts I read at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...playback/055577b1-b406-41b1-ac0e-b9648ed039cd where the user have video playback problem when viewing a cartoon on Edge.

Edge still have software problems based on forum posts I read at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...playback/055577b1-b406-41b1-ac0e-b9648ed039cd where the user have video playback problem when viewing a cartoon on Edge.
Oh yeah, this actually reminds me that an admin on a MyBB-based forum I go to noticed a problem with the way the moderator control panel worked on Edge. It didn't allow moderators to do certain tasks, for some reason, while other browsers didn't have said problem. I was surprised to see this, considering that MyBB is a pretty basic PHP-based script.

This is so not a good idea but then again, they want to ask users to give them one last chance huh......
I don't know what to say about that.

It's really weird how Microsoft is able to create a whole operating system and make it work smoothly, but they always have problems with one of the most important parts of an operating system - the part that allows the users to access the internet. That should be one of the most important things to perfect, considering that almost everything is about the internet nowadays.

I think most Linux operating systems comes bundled with either Firefox, or Chromium, and don't focus on making web browsers. Most Linux operating systems come with Firefox, and Chromium because a lot of its users want a full-featured web browser rather than a custom web browser made by a Linux based OS like Ubuntu. A lot of Linux users are also used to using Firefox or Chromium, and don't want to learn how to use another browser.

It's really weird how Microsoft is able to create a whole operating system and make it work smoothly, but they always have problems with one of the most important parts of an operating system - the part that allows the users to access the internet. That should be one of the most important things to perfect, considering that almost everything is about the internet nowadays.

Yeah, its not like their internet fix tools ever work.

Well, they are open source OS where as microsoft is not :p
It's against their purpose and idea...

Back