Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Windows 8 officially reaches end of support on January 12

Windows 8 was launched in October 2012 with much fanfare, but in the end, this proved to be just another flop in Microsoft's history. Often referred to as “the second Vista,” Windows 8 will reach end of support next week on Tuesday, so all users who are still running it must upgrade to 8.1 as soon as possible.

Read More

I bet, MS ended support for 8 this year to force Windows 8 users to upgrade to 8.1 to continue to get support, so Windows 8 users will be eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade which is sometimes automatically installed on Windows 7 and 8.1 users by mistake...

I wonder would there be many users experience problems upgrading to 8.1, and upgrading to 10 if they choose to install 10, or was forced to upgrade to 10 because of a Windows Update mistake...

Kind of cold really, I'm sure there are plenty who still enjoy W8.

Kind of cold really, I'm sure there are plenty who still enjoy W8.

I think Windows 8 is a better operating system for tablets because it does not have un-needed features like the Startbutton which is too small to be useful on a tablet.

I think some Windows 8 tablet users would not want to use Windows 8.1, or 10 because they don't want features like a startbutton, boot to desktop mode, etc.

Windows 8 also keeps the appearance of a mobile operating system, and does not try to mix a desktop, and mobile operating together like 8.1, and 10. I think some people rather want their operating system to look like a mobile OS, or Desktop OS, but not have an operating system which try to mix a mobile, and desktop operating system together which can look weird.

A lot of people with older Windows 8 computer with 1GB of RAM, and a slower CPU may experience slow performance problems in Windows 8.1, and 10. Older computers which are upgraded to newer computer operating systems like Windows 8.1, and 10 sometimes slowdown, and become unusable after the upgrade to a newer OS.

When it came out it didn't do well and I'm sure people still don't like it so you can kind of see why

Windows 8 was actually a big let down, I have never tried win 10 as i am Win 7 user and really happy with Windows 7. A buddy of mine was suggesting me Win 10 saying that it improves gaming performance is that true?

I'm actually not surprised considering a lot of people I know didn't like Windows 8. I've been a fan of Windows 7 and haven't been willing to try anything they've come out with since then.

Back