froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft unveiled the Surface Laptop on Tuesday at an event for educators. The company hopes the device will edge Apple's MacBooks out of the classroom.

$999 laptop is expensive starting price for a laptop aimed at student.

This laptop reminds me of cheaper netbooks because this laptop does not have a disc drive, more USB and Firewire ports, and a external Laptop pcmcia expansion card slots for installing a Wi-Fi adapter or extra hard drive. The touchpad also does not have a right and left click button which can be annoying for people who don't like touch gestures.

I feel a regular laptop made by another brand like Acer, Asus, and HP is a better deal.

It is also possible to install Windows and Linux on $100-300 Chromebooks and other cheap-laptops if you are short on cash.

Last edited:
This is like asking students to buy the very expensive graphing calculators, which run in the hundreds and parents just shake their heads at.

Besides the bad price, I don't care for that mouse.

This is aimed at those kids that scream at their parents to buy things for them. Most students won't buy this because they're not stupid to pay that kind of price tag.

This is like asking students to buy the very expensive graphing calculators, which run in the hundreds and parents just shake their heads at.

Besides the bad price, I don't care for that mouse.

I agree most parents would shake their head, and may think their kids are dumb for wanting this ordinary laptop with a Intel Core i5, 4GB of RAM, and 128GB SSD instead of a Gaming laptop or desktop computer with Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 2TB hard drive, and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 video card.

I think these laptops would be mostly be bought by high schools. But, I feel desktop computers and cheaper laptops would be a better choices for schools. Windows 10 S may not be as stable as Windows 7 which is probably the most reliable, and stable operating system for office and school work.

I think this laptop comes with a mouse. The mouse cost $79.99 if you buy it on its own.

This is aimed at those kids that scream at their parents to buy things for them. Most students won't buy this because they're not stupid to pay that kind of price tag.

I think most of the kids who scream at their parents to buy them things would ask for an Alienware, Razer or Apple PC because they are more popular, or have better specs, and features like a Blu-Ray Disc drive which is useful for watching movies in 4K or 1080P.

Back