Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Technically we've known Nintendo has had its eyes on a purple 3DS for almost two years now. When the publisher unveiled the portable back at E3 2010, it displayed a number of conceptual color variations, including red, teal, orange and purple. (Two of those have now made it to stores.) According to a recent retailer listing unearthed by GoNintendo, the purple edition might be on its way.

Called 'Midnight Purple', the 3DS has no release date or affiliated bundle. Also note that the below picture is from E3 2010, meaning things like the slightly tinted Circle Pad are not accurate.

Nintendo has officially confirmed that the 3DS family will be welcoming a new color in just a handful of weeks. On May 20, the new Midnight Purple 3DS will go on sale in the States, joining the ranks of the Aqua Blue, Cosmo Black, Flame Red and Pearl Pink models.

See pic here

I like the color.

Eh... I'd give that more to Microsoft, because they do everything Apple does. It isn't really fair to compare Apple and Nintendo because they are two way different companies.

I really like the colour, i've got the aqua blue one which looks great but i'm pretty jealous of the purple! :(

Colors probably take them less than a day. They think of the color, and tell China to make it in that color too.

I have the red 3DS, but the purple color is too cool looking! Makes me wish that I held out a bit longer on buying it.

Back