Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A final game that looks nothing like the first promised detail of a kickstarter, many delays and lots of fan drama ends today (somewhat) for Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9.

To start off, the Mighty No. 9 game appeared on a lot of retailer shelfs before any of the backers got their games. Now on release day, many backers aren't getting or getting the wrong download code for their game.

You can read a somewhat translated interview here from Inafune.

Though the game isn't in the clear yet, as MN9 has been delayed on the Xbox 360. With Steam and Linux releases coming in a few days and handheld versions of the game still being worked on.

Mighty No. 9 currently sits at a 50-60 percent on Metacritic.

I currently have a download doing of the game (which means my code worked!) and will let you guys know later tonight how the game is.

That's a real letdown in my opinion, I was among those who were hyped for the game (due to nostalgia). The Shantae games were kickstarted successfully and launched very smoothly, so I believe that such reboots are definitely viable. Hope the devs step it up and iron out any issues remaining with release of the game.

From all the reviews that I saw on the game, it wasn't worth getting. They said it was a real let down, not nearly long enough. They said that is tried to hard to be Megaman and not be Megaman at the same time. Everyone said it failed to deliver on both sides of the spectrum. I hope that it goes to a cheaper price, or on the Steam sale so that I can pick it up for a few dollars. I would like to support the game, but I don't want to waste money on something that I won't get any enjoyment from. I hope gaming takes a turn for the better in the years to come and gets away from designing games based on how much DLC they can get you to buy after initial release.

From all the reviews that I saw on the game, it wasn't worth getting. They said it was a real let down, not nearly long enough. They said that is tried to hard to be Megaman and not be Megaman at the same time. Everyone said it failed to deliver on both sides of the spectrum. I hope that it goes to a cheaper price, or on the Steam sale so that I can pick it up for a few dollars. I would like to support the game, but I don't want to waste money on something that I won't get any enjoyment from. I hope gaming takes a turn for the better in the years to come and gets away from designing games based on how much DLC they can get you to buy after initial release.

I think making the game in 3D was one of the fatal flaws. It totally killed any nostalgia people might have had remaining for the game, now it justs looks like any other generic platformer. 2D is perfectly fine.

Back