Miitomo

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Miitomo was released today, and I'm wondering how everyone likes it so far.

So far, it's pretty interesting. The way you get friends kind of sucks though. Either through Facebook or Twitter and you have to be following each other.

Also, I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but I can't connect my account to my NNID. I keep getting support code 801-0027. I've seen lots of people online have it, but no one knows why it happens.

How about everyone else? Do you like it, hate it it?

I gave it a shot today. It's... interesting, but I'm not sure I get the whole point of it. Do people really want to find out about each other through their Miis asking random questions? Seems like the whole thing was designed because 'that's what apps are like now', with the whole 'purpose' part being something for Nintendo to think about later.

Maybe it'll grow on me, maybe not.

So far so good for me. I had a few errors during the morning because a friend changed her answer and the server hadn't updated it, so everytime it came out in the gossip the game would display an error and the question remained marked as unheard.

The way you get friends kind of sucks though. Either through Facebook or Twitter and you have to be following each other.
I am very surprised there is no way for it seek among your Nintendo Network friends to add them. I thought that'd be the default way.

Do people really want to find out about each other through their Miis asking random questions?
The interesting thing is the way people answer them. It is kind of like it used to be with the questionnaire chains in emails and blogs. Except here it is answering few questions at the time. I've had people answering honestly, people being witty and people testing just how much can they can get away with.

So far all the answers have been open ended, for which I am glad. On the very first video it was a choice thing and taht would have made the application get old really fast. Having people being as short or long as they want and putting their own spin is what makes it entertaining.

I've been talking with two friends I hadn't had much contact since I moved. Nothing deep but it is nice.

I don't know how long I will be interested. II have just a few friends and it is already overwhelming the amount of answers piling up, per new friend added.

I really want to give it a try, but it's not wanting to work on our phones. Dunno if it's the root that causing the problem, or it simply doesn't want to work on a Galaxy Note 3. I've heard other people having issues getting it to run, so hopefully it's just a bug that Nintendo can fix, cause I'm not unrooting my phone lol.

I really want to give it a try, but it's not wanting to work on our phones. Dunno if it's the root that causing the problem, or it simply doesn't want to work on a Galaxy Note 3. I've heard other people having issues getting it to run, so hopefully it's just a bug that Nintendo can fix, cause I'm not unrooting my phone lol.

It doesn't seem to like rooted phones. There are work arounds for that part online, like this:

To bypass on Android: Install Xposed (there are plenty of guides on how to do this that explain it better than I could.) Then, install the RootCloak and MiitomoSecurityBypasser Xposed modules. In the Xposed Installer app, enable both RootCloak and MiitomoSecurityBypasser. Open the RootCloak app, tap "Add/Remove Apps", press the "+" on the top bar and select Miitomo. Reboot your phone and attempt to run Miitomo.

Via https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4cqcxc/psa_miitomo_will_crash_on_rootedjailbroken/

That said, you might want to try and download the update now. Apparently, they removed the check for rooted devices after feedback, so you might have more luck now.

It doesn't seem to like rooted phones. There are work arounds for that part online, like this:

Via https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4cqcxc/psa_miitomo_will_crash_on_rootedjailbroken/

That said, you might want to try and download the update now. Apparently, they removed the check for rooted devices after feedback, so you might have more luck now.
I'll give that a try, the redownloading. We did the whole Rootcloaker yesterday to no avail. Here's hoping the root check fix worked!

I gave it a shot today. It's... interesting, but I'm not sure I get the whole point of it. Do people really want to find out about each other through their Miis asking random questions?

the ask a member board on most forums are hugely popular, so yes. I do believe people want to know random Q&As.

I guess, though from my experiences using it, it seems like more people are using it to troll each other rather than say anything useful or interesting.

I guess, though from my experiences using it, it seems like more people are using it to troll each other rather than say anything useful or interesting.
Seeing as I only have 2 people as friends so I've never ran into that problem.

Also at this point I'm waiting for Nintendo to fix that support code error that I, and others are getting and for a new way to add friends because the way it is now sucks.

Also at this point I'm waiting for Nintendo to fix that support code error that I, and others are getting and for a new way to add friends because the way it is now sucks.
Good luck with this fix. it really stinks.
I agree taht they need more ways to add friends, specially related to your NNID. I can't add friends I know have the game because we're not Facebook friends or following each other, nor I have a mutual friend of my friends that can help me reach them.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Miitomo and tried 4 different browsers, and it still won't sync up. If that's not bad enough, I lost everything! :(

Miitomo is definitely a good time.

PGAJucw.png

Starring: Me, bibl, emoluvjd2, re11ding... and SMF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am SUPER addicted to Miitomo!!! I have over 400 Miitomo friends and just started playing sunday LOL. What I love about it: Customizing our characters, the "Plinko" style "Gacha" system, the funny memes, meeting new people, learning more about your existing friends - it draws me out of my shell (I'm very shy and not likely at all to comment on facebook, etc unless I know a person super well - but here when it's a "game" I feel more free to chime in and join conversations. It's so much fun and there's some hillarious convos too. The best one I read was about cereal - it was so funny and had over 100 replies lol. -- People on Miitomo REALLY like Lucky Charms Cereal lol.

Add me?

12383095_845139685615098_290360105_n.jpg

So update on my end, I still can't link my Nintendo account to Miitomo. I know it's not the biggest deal in the world, but if I'd like to reap the benefits that I'm able to have. :squint:

If only my iPhone didn't meet a terrible tragedy on the roller coaster in in July 2015, I'd be able to get the app! I have a Windows phone now, and it's nice. Of course, Nintendo didn't make Miitomo for Windows phone when they released it. I hope they make it in the future sometime, really eager to play it!

oh ^^ I didn't know. I'm game for following anyone on Twitter who plays Miitomo. I can be found at @Xenokitten
Adding you next, GeekySweetie. My twitter is @Kaynil_ (someone beat me to the proper nick, hahah).
So update on my end, I still can't link my Nintendo account to Miitomo. I know it's not the biggest deal in the world, but if I'd like to reap the benefits that I'm able to have. :squint:
Man, I wish i could be of any more help. It is really frustrating. Sorry to hear that what I found couldn't help your situation and on top losing what you had is really bad. >__<

Omg, I finally got Miitomo to work. I just had to turn off the developer options the whole time. If you want to add me my twitter is @YoungLinkMaster. I already followed you, Kaynil.

If you add me, just let me know either through here or on Twitter.

I've seen this online a lot lately, but I haven't tried it. Honestly probably not going to bother, though it does seem like an interesting concept.

Back