Mind-controlled computer games which can read your mind to control a character on the screen

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Mindwave allows you to control computer games using your thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9N2-mLXzg

That is pretty crazy that you can just control what is on the screen by using your mind to think about doing something on the screen.

I think it is cool.
This is the beginning of human brain and computer interface. So we will eventually phase out the old interface devices such as keyboard, mouse, and other controllers.

This kind of technology used to be fantasy. If you have played Playstation 2 game .Hack series, and watched its anime .Hack sign, they talked about how a brain/computer interfaced game went wrong, and trapped someone's mind on the server with no way to logout.

I wonder how accurate the sensors of this game system is. I can see how control by mind devices being installed to drive cars, planes, ships, etc. in the future. Maybe it will even go micro and we can wear one to control everything around us, like turn on TV, lights, lock the door etc. without even using hands.

Any idea how much does the entire game system from the video including the software and hardware cost?

No idea, how much it will cost since I think it is still being tested and improve.

This makes me wonder how close are we from the Matrix, Inception, and other movies where they have tech which can talk with the human mind to create a virtual world inside your mind when you are sleeping like the dream world for people who dream at night.

Back