Multi Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions merge, creating one Minecraft to rule them all

DaBoss38

Staff member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
From Minecraft.net

When it comes to iconic duos, I’m going to just go ahead and say that Java & Bedrock are up there with the greats: flint and steel, marinara and mozzarella, comically large dogs and smol kittens... I really could go on forever. Is that a threat to turn this post into a listicle? I would never.

Today is not the day I will reveal my comprehensive list of perfect pairings, because I have important news: as of June 7, Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC will bring the two games together in one purchase – I guess the rest of Mojang Studios also shares my opinion on this dream duo. As its name suggests, this package gives you both editions in one purchase, and it will become the standard and only offering of vanilla Minecraft on Windows PC. Of course, you will be able to cross-play with either Java or Bedrock players by launching whichever edition your friends are playing – but not at the same time, mind you. We tried that and now part of our office is in a time warp.

You might be immediately wondering: What happens if you enter the time warp What if I already own one of the two editions? Do I need to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition if I want to have both? The answer is a big, resounding NOOO. Sorry, that was louder than I intended. Starting June 7, all players that have either Java Edition or Bedrock Edition will receive the edition they do not currently own for free, right in the Minecraft Launcher. So if you own Java, you’ll get Bedrock – and vice versa. You don’t need to do anything to claim this, but please keep in mind that it might take 2 to 3 days for the game to show up as we roll it out to all eligible players.

To be clear, Java and Bedrock will remain separate games with their own distinctive features. The only difference is that now you get both by default when buying Minecraft for your Windows PC, and access them both from the same launcher.

Ridiculously indecisive Windows gamers, rejoice! You now have one less choice to make. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get out of the office before I start Benjamin Buttoning.

Source: Minecraft.net: JAVA & BEDROCK EDITION FOR PC IS OUT ON JUNE 7

Last edited:
I still have no idea what the difference between the two is. Is Java the old browser based Minecraft?

I was never into the series, but a lot of people have made money off of it. At least this avoids some confusion.

This sounds like a good update since it combines Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC of Minecraft into one purchase.

I was never into the series, but a lot of people have made money off of it. At least this avoids some confusion.
Yeah alot of made alot of money off it and yeah I think this will avoid confusion
This sounds like a good update since it combines Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC of Minecraft into one purchase.
Yes as you won't have to buy both and you just buy one and get the other free.
Thanks. Basically PC only vs all platforms. The merge makes a lot of sense now.
Your welcome! Java is pc and Bedrocks is all other platforms and both use a different coding language too

Reactions: Ash
Back