Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
D2WlFHd.jpg

What if that phone charger you casually toss into your bag everyday was more than just a power adapter? What if was secretly a fully fledged Windows PC? Well, then you’d have the Quanta Compute Plug.

The smart power-plug was just unveiled at Computex today—it’s not the first plug-based PC we’ve seen, but it might be the smallest. At a glance, the Quanta Compute Plug is barely larger than a typical AC adapter, but still packs in two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI output and enough power to comfortably run Windows 10.

Read More

This does look like a nice portable Power brick style PC. But, the brick looks like it would block other power outlet on the right and left sides of the box if it is plugged into a horizontal style power bar, or it will block 1 outlet if it was directly plug into the wall's power outlet, or a vertical style power bar.

I think I rather have the Raspberry Pi 2 where I can power it with a smaller USB charger, so the power adapter does not block 2 power outlets on a power bar. Plus, the power adapter, power cable, SD card, case, and other parts are easier to replace when they break.

Demon_Skeith said:
What? I demand some specs. No way can those be efficient.
The maker of this Mini PC did not release any specs, but the blog post did say it can run Windows 10. The PC probably have at least 1GB of RAM, 1 GHz  Dual-Quad core CPU, and 16GB of storage to meet the bare minimum requirements to run Windows 10.

This PC probably can't run most PC games and big programs like Photoshop smoothly, but it maybe good enough for office work, web browsing, and watching video files on a TV.

I agree it is crazy that a Windows 10 computer can fit inside a power brick without the need for a external power brick to power the PC.

Back