Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
To the old gamers who own old systems, do any of you miss the rest button that was once on the system?

Not really.

Because nowadays I don't think its needed anymore to be honest, since your able to go back to the interface or dashboard at the click of a button.

Yes, I miss it, I think the reset button is useful if your console freezes or crash, and it is convenient to press when you need to reset the console to put in another disc without turning it off, and on or using a controller to reset it.

The original Playstation 1, Sega genesis, and Nintendo 64 have a reset button.

In the past, people mainly used wired controllers to play games on smaller 15-27 inch tube TVs, so reaching a hand out to hit the reset button was more common to stop the game, and restart the console to put in another game, memory card, or music cd, or just to go back to the title screen of a game.

Demon_Skeith said:
As far as I remember, the reset button went up to the PS1 era consoles, can't remember if PS2 had it. 
From what I can remember, the PS2 did have a reset button, but I think it was the same button as the power button.

^
You have to press the power button once with the PS2 for it to reset. PS3 also has a reset function. You just have to hold down on the power button while it's booting up.

By the way, anyone remember pressing the reset button for fun in Animal Crossing and getting yelled at by the game?

Back