Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online multiplayer WTF?

Aensland

Succubus
Awards
Credits
Last edited by a moderator:
I was disappointed too that it didn't have online multiplayer, but I think it's still fun without it. And to answer your question, maybe this can help -

Comment by Yuri (Dubindoh) on the Capcom Monster Hunter forums [Link] -

Before this gets completely out of hand, let's clarify a few things:

1 - MH3G (the Japanese version of MH3U 3DS) came out a while ago and did NOT have online. Then, they ported that to the Wii U (MH3G HD - MH3U Wii U) and ADDED online multiplayer.
2 - We listen to fan feedback (proof: www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/t... thanks Ash!) but we can't do everything. We tried asking for it, but it was just not possible.
3 - The Wii U cross-region multiplayer server update was a completely different story. Since all the servers are hosted by Nintendo, it was a lot easier to do that.

Again, we tried to get that going for you guys, but it didn't happen. But don't dismiss the 3DS just yet. Cha-Cha and Kayamba make the solo play a lot more manageable and you can play pretty much ANYWHERE (except underwater... unless you mean underwater in the game).
Having played all the PSP versions for hundreds of hours (with no online), I can tell you I definitely enjoy the portability factor... and despite online being awesome, there's no experience like hunting with your friends in the same room (you can actually punch them if they blow up your bombs - think about that).

I'm already used to monster hunter being local only so it's really no big deal to me. It is a bit disappointing but really doesn't differ than any other monster hunter game unless you count Tri (which in my opinion was the smallest and most boring MH title I've played...)

I'm already used to monster hunter being local only so it's really no big deal to me. It is a bit disappointing but really doesn't differ than any other monster hunter game unless you count Tri (which in my opinion was the smallest and most boring MH title I've played...)

Yeah, I've only played a few MH games, but if I remember correctly all the other MH games were also local only right?

Yeah, I've only played a few MH games, but if I remember correctly all the other MH games were also local only right?

Yep, well outside of japan at least. In japan they had to pay fees to play the psp Monster Hunter games online at all..even Tri had fees for them.

Yep, well outside of japan at least. In japan they had to pay fees to play the psp Monster Hunter games online at all..even Tri had fees for them.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

My point is, it sounds like a marketing ploy created between Nintendo and Capcom in an attempt to boost sales of the Wii U as well as gain a profit for Capcom on an otherwise useless adapter. Capcom has been proven to lie several times to the press in the past several years to the point that they even lost 2 of their 3 top developers over it (as well as several other factors). Capcom has been dropping in the development ranks since losing their two aforementioned creative minds and are in dire need to rebuild their popularity. However, with Inafune making his own company, Comcept, their Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Dead Rising franchises won't be the same and to add to it Devil May Cry and Resident Evil's creator (Inafune helped direct some of the RE games) went and made Platinum Games so those franchises won't be the same either. I played the demo for the new DMC and was not impressed at all. Even the demo was highly repetitive and lacking new ideas to the point I canceled my pre-order after playing it. With their top franchises hitting dirt (Resident Evil 6 was an atrocity) they need some form of funding coming in to build a profit, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I was going to make a mention just now to say "although I haven't known Nintendo to lie", but then I recalled the lawsuit they just lost for stealing the 3D technology used in the 3DS, so... :/

Heck, I'll tackle the game on my own, oh and I'm trying to convince my friends to buy it.

My point is, it sounds like a marketing ploy created between Nintendo and Capcom in an attempt to boost sales of the Wii U as well as gain a profit for Capcom on an otherwise useless adapter. Capcom has been proven to lie several times to the press in the past several years to the point that they even lost 2 of their 3 top developers over it (as well as several other factors). Capcom has been dropping in the development ranks since losing their two aforementioned creative minds and are in dire need to rebuild their popularity. However, with Inafune making his own company, Comcept, their Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Dead Rising franchises won't be the same and to add to it Devil May Cry and Resident Evil's creator (Inafune helped direct some of the RE games) went and made Platinum Games so those franchises won't be the same either. I played the demo for the new DMC and was not impressed at all. Even the demo was highly repetitive and lacking new ideas to the point I canceled my pre-order after playing it. With their top franchises hitting dirt (Resident Evil 6 was an atrocity) they need some form of funding coming in to build a profit, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I was going to make a mention just now to say "although I haven't known Nintendo to lie", but then I recalled the lawsuit they just lost for stealing the 3D technology used in the 3DS, so... :/

That's exactly what is going on.

Gotta sell dem Wii U's man. I was pretty upset about it too actually, I bought the 3DS because it's something I can mess around with when im lying in bed (inb4 thats what she said) or when i'm away. I spend the majority of my free time (involving tech that is) on the computer. I can't play the Wii U and be on the computer, and I also wouldn't want to anyways.

I loved the online play of Monster Hunter Tri, and there is no reason for a near port (Yes i'm aware of all the new features, and enjoy them, and know those took time. It is still primarily a port) to actually be missing features of the original.

Back