Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

A VR expansion for FF 15, focusing on.... fishing?

When I first read that they've announced an FFXV VR fishing I thought that it's an April's 1st joke but now I see that it's the truth. This has to be one of the biggest disappointments for me. Why would you ever think that this is a good idea over a regular expansion? Oh boy, the excitement of fishing. Better not make a proper FFXV expansion and make millions, right??

It doesn't look fun or good at all. I wonder how much of this DLC/expansion they will actually sell. I can imagine the numbers won't be impressive at all. Bad move Sony.

This seemed kind of silly to me, maybe I am not understanding the full premise of the game, but a fishing game set in FF seems silly.

it fits it though, they are on a long camping trip after all.
Yeah, I agree. The whole basic thing of FFXV is four friends going on a long trip (or at least initially until the story develops more). If you ever played FFXV you know that there's already fishing implemented in it. I did enjoy doing that as sort of a side activity when I was bored or wanted to make some neat food for the overpowered buffs but still. A whole expansion based on fishing? that just seems silly to me.

Imagine how much EASY money they could make if they simply expanded the FF series to a new game? I was very disappointed by this... and also by no new FF7 remake information. I don't know, perhaps I am wrong but people end up loving this FF VR fishing but somehow I doubt it.

I can't remember the last time when I played a Final Fantasy game and actually felt affected or involved with the characters. I'm not saying that they stopped being entertaining, I guess they just stopped making things interesting. Their games get boring fast, and I wish Square could start something fresh. They also need to flesh out deeper and more likable characters.

Yeah, I agree. The whole basic thing of FFXV is four friends going on a long trip (or at least initially until the story develops more). If you ever played FFXV you know that there's already fishing implemented in it. I did enjoy doing that as sort of a side activity when I was bored or wanted to make some neat food for the overpowered buffs but still. A whole expansion based on fishing? that just seems silly to me.

Imagine how much EASY money they could make if they simply expanded the FF series to a new game? I was very disappointed by this... and also by no new FF7 remake information. I don't know, perhaps I am wrong but people end up loving this FF VR fishing but somehow I doubt it.

I'll play FF 15, sooner or later.

The last FF 7 remake info that I got was that they were hiring people to make the game yet, so that means we're a loooooooooong ways off from ever getting it.

I saw a "let's play" of FF15 on Youtube. I really didn't like it, to be honest. The ragtag group of heroes look like a boyband from the 90s, not a group of strangers who have to work together to achieve a common goal. They also have wedding drama, wedding dress talk, and a boss fight that apparently takes 72 hours to complete. I don't think I have the time, effort, or motivation to finish such a dreadfully slow paced battle, even if the effects and the boss is something noteworthy.

Back