Most disappointing game of 2017?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What game that came out in the past year did you find disappointing for one reason or another? For me it was Star Wars Battlefront 2. I was looking forward to buying it and playing it with a friend but the details which launched before and just after the release of the game left a bad taste. It seemed so anti consumer and therefore I didn’t buy it. I’m not fully against lootboxes, but I think there should be a balance. And I think they’re best done when it is only for cosmetic changes.

For me I would say Pokemon Ultra Sun. I haven't beaten yet, but so far it's just Pokemon Sun with a few changes. Nintendo kept saying, "A new adventure in Alola." The key word being "new." I expected it to be like Pokemon Black and White 2 where you're in the same location, but the story is different. Instead it's just another Emerald/Platinum where almost nothing is changed and I feel like I've wasted $40.

I haven't played it but I'm picking on Star Wars Battlefront 2 due to the outrage on lootboxes. I wasn't going to buy it anyway but hearing about it is just ewww.

Yooka Laylee unfortunately, didn't live up to what I had expected. It was fun but not what I wanted.

Yeah I was let down by Yooka-Laylee as well. I still found it enjoyable but expected a lot more. At least A Hat In Time met expectations (at least for me).

Having said that, I think my most disappointing was Arms. Bought it full price and expected something of Smash quality. Instead it was unplayable on the joycons, something that didn't make sense given it was spun to be designed for them. I also don't own a pro controller. I also didn't like the characters and found the whole thing tedious. Only fun part was the volleyball.

Yeah I was let down by Yooka-Laylee as well. I still found it enjoyable but expected a lot more. At least A Hat In Time met expectations (at least for me).

Having said that, I think my most disappointing was Arms. Bought it full price and expected something of Smash quality. Instead it was unplayable on the joycons, something that didn't make sense given it was spun to be designed for them. I also don't own a pro controller. I also didn't like the characters and found the whole thing tedious. Only fun part was the volleyball.

Were you playing arms with anyone? It look like a party game only.

Back