Most Hated Main Character

WhoseKiwi

Credits
I've just played through God of War 3 and loved the titan level design, the action, and seeing all of the Greek gods and Titans duke it out. What I didn't love was having to play as Kratos, I understand that he is supposed to be detestable in his treatment of humans and that the Zeus beating was a statement on players or the games themselves. I still disliked Kratos, am I wrong or is he a one dimensional menace?

I know another hated character was Jack from Red Dead who was also looking for revenge coincidentally , is it tough to make a character who is supposed to have a singular focus of revenge have compelling dialogue over the entirety of his screen time?

Man, I hated Illusive Man from Mass Effect. The worst thing about that is that I felt he's a well written and interesting character. Still, he pissed me off so much when [MASS EFFECT 3 SPOILERS AHEAD] he was still being a human supremacist while the whole galaxy was at stake. I mean, sure it all cleared up somewhat at the end, but it still didn't stop me from hating him throughout the whole game.

Ulfric Stormcloak was another one that just drove me mad and even though I had a Nord character, I still choose to join the Imperials.

Man, I hated Illusive Man from Mass Effect. The worst thing about that is that I felt he's a well written and interesting character. Still, he pissed me off so much when [MASS EFFECT 3 SPOILERS AHEAD] he was still being a human supremacist while the whole galaxy was at stake. I mean, sure it all cleared up somewhat at the end, but it still didn't stop me from hating him throughout the whole game.

Ulfric Stormcloak was another one that just drove me mad and even though I had a Nord character, I still choose to join the Imperials.

I've never played Mass Effect, but I agree with your assessment of Ulfric. Skyrim's characters are pretty annoying to me overall though, similar faces and using the same five voice actors gives them a whole new level of potential agitation. It's hours before I'm able to tell the difference between the NPCs in a Bethesda game.

I was originally thinking more along the lines of playable characters, but I'll throw Roman from GTA IV in the mix. Man he never stood a chance with those hangout missions. If I could rename this thread I'd go with"Let's go to bowling."

I'm sure there is one, but I can't think of any right now.

I've never played Mass Effect, but I agree with your assessment of Ulfric. Skyrim's characters are pretty annoying to me overall though, similar faces and using the same five voice actors gives them a whole new level of potential agitation. It's hours before I'm able to tell the difference between the NPCs in a Bethesda game.

I was originally thinking more along the lines of playable characters, but I'll throw Roman from GTA IV in the mix. Man he never stood a chance with those hangout missions. If I could rename this thread I'd go with"Let's go to bowling."

Hahahah, this is ironic, because I loved Roman and I loved going to bowling with him. Although, I am probably one the rare people who actually like that part of the game.

So, if you meant more of a playable character that's annoying, and while we're on a subject of GTA, I'll go with Claude from GTA III and that's only because he never talked. As far as Toni Cipriani from Liberty City Stories goes, I wish he didn't talk. So annoying, especially the whole "momma's boy" thing.

For me it was Logain in Dragon Age: Origins. The man just absolutely infuriated me. My husband got to listen to hours of me ranting about what an absolute scumbag he was. Evil, plain and simple.

A hated character would probably be like Logan from COD Ghosts, but then again cod ghosts is a candidate for most hated game. Another hated main character is probably Plastic in Mirror's Edge catalyst. At least for me, Plastic is the most annoying character I have ever seen.

A hated character would probably be like Logan from COD Ghosts, but then again cod ghosts is a candidate for most hated game. Another hated main character is probably Plastic in Mirror's Edge catalyst. At least for me, Plastic is the most annoying character I have ever seen.

I couldn't bring myself to play through CoD Ghosts so I'll take your word for it, yeah Plastic is a bit much. It's funny how Hollywood struggles to portray hacking and hackers in a convincing fashion, but in games it's just irritating.

I hate Ashley Graham, daughter of the President of the United States. But well known as a whiny and retarded damsel in distress. From the moment Leon finds Ashley, she proceeds to be a liability. Her greatest talent is doing nothing and staying out of the way. That would be well appreciated if she would not let herself grabbed every single damn minute and then annoyingly yells for help. Leon HEERP! Leon Leon Leon Heeeelppp! Gimme a break.

I hate Ashley Graham, daughter of the President of the United States. But well known as a whiny and retarded damsel in distress. From the moment Leon finds Ashley, she proceeds to be a liability. Her greatest talent is doing nothing and staying out of the way. That would be well appreciated if she would not let herself grabbed every single damn minute and then annoyingly yells for help. Leon HEERP! Leon Leon Leon Heeeelppp! Gimme a break.

Resident Evil? She sounds like a real Kim Bauer, it's almost impossible to have those completely helpless NPC's tag along without being a nuisance. When they add "victim" mechanics and annoying repeating dialogue (okay that's generous it's just screams) you just know it's going to get rough.

Back