Motorcycling and a story- Any interest in it?

J-RAY

Top Fight Security!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Yeah, so way back in the day at around 1996 I got my first motorcycle. In my region you could get a M class license before a car driving on. So basically write the test and you could ride on the same day. Then in 3 months you take a riding test.
I actually still have a pic of the actual bike.

FB_IMG_1651534802016.jpg

The reason I got a cruiser style was because my dad was in a gang in the 60s and he pushed it on me. It was too heavy for me. I think I only weighed around 120lbs. I held onto my M1 learners for a year and rode it for the year until winter. In the spring I took my advanced emergency test and scored a PERFECT. I was actually so good that they allowed me to sit out of half of the test. On a side note, I felt really bad for this hot girl who crashed during her test. In the beginning when we went to choose bikes she wanted the "coolest" looking ride and I tried telling her that the pegs were really low and it would scrape and to pick a tiny thing instead. She didn't listen.

On the following day I was riding in the center lane of a three lane one way. This delivery fed ex vehicle in front of me in the right lane must have wanted to hit a turn he missed. He did something you just never expect. He did a hard brake, and went sideways across the lanes only to immediately realize he missed it.
I T-boned him at about 55kph and did the slide against his vehicle. There was a bunch of rolls and I was tangled with the bike while it explodes in millions of pieces. There was a curb somewhere in the equation that hurt a lot. I had two broken legs and 3 ribs... oh and don't forget the broken pinky. hahaha.

It's been awhile but I'm getting back on this spring. I been stuck in a stupid marriage for most of the time and I've been divorced for a few years so I'm free and allowed to do things now. I'm not scared of crashing nor pain at all anymore. I'm too old to care about that sort of stuff.

Originally I was going to get a 650 but it's way more enjoyable with something ligher to zip around traffic so I'm thinking of starting light with rc 390 or it's competitor ninja 400 but also I have husqvarna verna on the maybe list as well
GR4AKZMVHVGQ5AJDBTRYCBDGBQ.jpg
WING6673-2.jpg

Any of you ride?

The very first I had fun with was my father's Honda CD 195.

It was in incredible machine.

images - 2023-01-24T081212.964.jpeg

Back