froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to Strategy Analytics, 87.5% of the global smartphone market share is controlled by Google’s Android platform. What this means is that nearly 9 out of 10 smartphones that you see out there today is probably an Android-powered device. The number of Android shipments are also up 10.3% year-over-year at 328.6 million.

Read More

I think one of the reason's Android is so popular is because of the cheap price of some Android phones which cost under $200 without a 2 year contract.

There is only Android and IOS right? One of them has to dominate.

Is this in terms of users or the amount actually available to purchase? Cause I'd say it's obvious there is more android phones available because many people develop hardware for the OS, but in terms of units sold I'd have thought it'd be closer?

Is this in terms of users or the amount actually available to purchase? Cause I'd say it's obvious there is more android phones available because many people develop hardware for the OS, but in terms of units sold I'd have thought it'd be closer?

The 9 out of 10 smartphone statistic is based on shipments to stores. I think eventually 9 out of 10 people will own Android phones because unsold Android phones will eventually be sold to users overtime when there are sales and discounts which may make some people buy multiple Android phones for their kids, wife, and other relatives.

Android is popular in countries with a larger percentage of poor people like India, Vietnam, Thailand, etc, so the units of Android phone sold would be high because of poor people buying cheaper Android phones.

iOS is overly priced I think and many people nowadays are looking for a good phone which is in their price range. Android ticks all the boxes on this and is a great system with an affordable price. I know I would personally prefer to go for Android over iOS.

iOS is overly priced I think and many people nowadays are looking for a good phone which is in their price range. Android ticks all the boxes on this and is a great system with an affordable price. I know I would personally prefer to go for Android over iOS.

I think expandable storage with MicroSD cards are another reason which people pick Android based phones because they can buy a cheap Android phone with 8GB or less storage, and insert their 8 GB or larger MicroSD card into their phone to add extra storage for a few dollars or for free if they already own an old MicroSD card from a older smartphone, regular flip phone, and other device which has MicroSD card support.

I always had Android phones but most recently purchased an iPhone 6S and must admit I do prefer the operating system a lot more than I do Android. It just fees built better.

I think expandable storage with MicroSD cards are another reason which people pick Android based phones because they can buy a cheap Android phone with 8GB or less storage, and insert their 8 GB or larger MicroSD card into their phone to add extra storage for a few dollars or for free if they already own an old MicroSD card from a older smartphone, regular flip phone, and other device which has MicroSD card support.

This is true, SD cards are not hard to come by nowadays and you can pick one up for cheap if you shop around. That plus the price of an Android based phone you can have a decent phone for a cheap price.

There are also phones that run Windows 10. I love Android tho, and our smartphone was free!

There are also phones that run Windows 10. I love Android tho, and our smartphone was free!

There are also still Blackberry smartphones. But, newer Blackberry phones now run Android.

That's cool that you got your smartphone for free.

Back