need help about japanese 3ds

Unfortunately, all of the 3DS are region-locked, so that means, for example you can only play Japanese games on your Japanese 3DS, and it looks like yours wouldn't be able to recognize North American games. You can only change the system language though.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope in japanese 3ds theres no language settings so im in a deep problem here because i cant even understand a thing in my 3ds

... Why did you buy a Japanese 3DS if you can't speak Japanese?

There's gotta be a language setting in there somewhere, keep looking.

Try going into System settings, which is a wrench, touch the bottom-right icon, go to page 4, select the first option, which is language settings.

no ive search it in the net and i think i looked every inch of it, they said its stuck in japanese and i really want to understand my 3ds, i dont care if its region licked i just want to understand it...my uncle bought me one and he thought it got language settings so he just bought it anyway and its such a waste to just sell it...so please any way to do something about my 3ds

Did you try my method?

I'm pretty sure that if you can't find an English language option, there is no way to change a Japanese 3DS to be in English. Sorry.

nicsnicsnics, I'm sorry to say this, but you're an idiot.

Anyway, in the Settings look for a button labelled "げんごきりかえ" (or "げんご切り替え").
In those options, look for a button that looks like "英語" (or "えいご").

If that's not there, you're screwed. (I wish I could test this out, but I don't have a Japanese 3DS myself.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back