Negative impact?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Do you think that playing video games can have a negative impact on your life? Why or why not?

Yes, like any of life's pleasures, moderation is key. You don't want video games to take over to the point that your physical or mental health starts to break down. You also don't want it to damage your relationships.

Yes, like any of life's pleasures, moderation is key. You don't want video games to take over to the point that your physical or mental health starts to break down. You also don't want it to damage your relationships.

I agree. I think anything can have a negative impact on your life if you let it. You have to know when to take a break from something. I have to take a break from time to time, otherwise, I think it can be harmful on my eyes if I don't. Plus, like you said, I think it can damage relationships if you're doing nothing but playing video games.

They do have a negative impact, I truly do believe I wear glasses today thanks to the short cords of older consoles. They keep the mind entertained though so that is a very good positive.

I think it depends on the personality. A person with an addictive personality will always get into trouble no matter what the activity is. Moderation is always good to practice with everything.

I don't think so, but what do I know. Video games have practically consumed my life since I was about 6 months old when I got my first NES for Christmas. I mean, maybe it's bad for some people, but honestly it's the best way for me to relieve stress and escape the world. I don't know how I would cope with life if I didn't have video games.

I think it can have a negative impact on your life if you let it. If you enjoy video games responsibly, then I don't see the harm in them. But if you are someone that plays them constantly, then your health can suffer and your relationships with others can suffer because of them.

Back