Neo Bowser City is an Extremely Mysterious Course!

Gelivable

Fire Emblem Enthusiast
Awards
Credits
Yes, it is one of the coolest courses in the game, but...

1) Why is the environment extremely similar to the Movie Tron (Blue + Orange)?

TRON_PSP_screenshot_2.jpg

2) Why is the music a remix of Toad's Turnpike? Does it have anything to with the Mushroom Kingdom?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS617_umZ-w[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqTzrXFWEU[/media]

3) Why are there objects floating around the city? Are they Super Leaves? Some are like flounders, some are even like camels! Do they resemble the opening of Super Mario 3D Land, where Bowser steals all the Super Leaves, when there is a thunder storm?

4) Why are there various larger buildings, that are dark-red themed, are they Bowser's castles in the future?

med_gallery_728_160_865046.jpg

med_gallery_728_160_563229.jpg

Is Nintendo telling us any deeper messages in this course?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wonder what those things flying in the background are

• I didn't understand where the concept for Neo Bowser City came from either..especially with how Bowser has been. Nothing but castles, airships...but not a high tech looking city. At first I thought it might have been a bit related to Bowser's Warped Orbit in Mario Party 8. But that doesn't sound right that Nintendo would make a track based on a board..

Personally, I always thought it looked like the city from the Super Mario Bros movie, except tron coloured. Heck, they've even got the Bowser signs, which might as well say 'Vote President Koopa'...

I think it's supposed to be what would happen if Bowser took over the kingdom, his vision of what it should be like. Who knows, maybe the next Mario game will have him taking over and redoing everything as it pleases his tastes.

I think it's supposed to be what would happen if Bowser took over the kingdom, his vision of what it should be like. Who knows, maybe the next Mario game will have him taking over and redoing everything as it pleases his tastes.
OMG! This would be an awesome idea!
Bowser took over the world after he beat Mario. The whole world becomes Bowser's possession. We never heard of that strange plumber since then... A century after that, one of Mario's descendant tries to repeat the heroic acts of his ancestor and goes on an epic adventure to kill Bowser.
And there would be more story-telling than any other Mario game before, kinda like the Zelda games (only from the story-telling view).

OMG! This would be an awesome idea!
Bowser took over the world after he beat Mario. The whole world becomes Bowser's possession. We never heard of that strange plumber since then... A century after that, one of Mario's descendant tries to repeat the heroic acts of his ancestor and goes on an epic adventure to kill Bowser.
And there would be more story-telling than any other Mario game before, kinda like the Zelda games (only from the story-telling view).

Or maybe Bowser thinks up a good plan for once and takes control before Mario can do anything about it, also imprisoning him and his friends. Then Mario and the others could bust out of prison and try to retake the kingdom as the entire population tries to take them back to prison or kill them.

LMAOO..the fact that you've given this so much thought amuses me.
And intrigues me. Lately I've been doing time trials just driving around and looking at the background, signs, details, everything (it's a bit hard to take in everything when you're going a few hundred miles per hour). I haven't done it w Neo Bowser City though, so this is fascinating.

What, Bowser can't have a capital? If anything this place should be a level in Paper Mario 3D or something. That would be awesome.

Bowser strikes me as an old-fashioned kind of dictator that sticks to fortresses and castles. Nothing too high-tech. I think the inspiration was just that Nintendo came up with a cool-looking city course, decided to just slap Bowser in the title to make it more "menacing", and viola!

I personally thought of this course to be reminiscent of The World That Never Was from Kingdom Hearts II.
Kh2-world-that-never-was.jpg

Bowser strikes me as an old-fashioned kind of dictator that sticks to fortresses and castles. Nothing too high-tech. I think the inspiration was just that Nintendo came up with a cool-looking city course, decided to just slap Bowser in the title to make it more "menacing", and viola!

Maybe it's Bowser Jr.'s city from when he grows up, he seems like a bit more of a city guy than his dad.

Maybe it's Bowser Jr.'s city from when he grows up, he seems like a bit more of a city guy than his dad.

Good point. He uses a lot of mechinary while Bowser just uses the ol' fortress/airship motif.

Good point. He uses a lot of mechinary while Bowser just uses the ol' fortress/airship motif.

He had a habit of running to well populated areas in Mario Sunshine too, much of Isle Delfino could be considered a city.

Back