Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

There really isn't much to the Mini NES Classic, so it goes without saying that it would evntually be hacked to allow more games to be placed on it or mod the current games on it. The video above is one such method to get it done.

I feel using a PC maybe a better choice for emulating NES games. If you have a PC which is fast enough to hack the NES Mini, it can probably run the NES emulator, and ROMs.

I feel using a PC maybe a better choice for emulating NES games. If you have a PC which is fast enough to hack the NES Mini, it can probably run the NES emulator, and ROMs.

PC is obviously the better choice and hard to say how much the NES mini can handle. But it never hurts to have a little mini console of nostalgia.

I think the thing with the NES Mini is that it's easier to hook it up to a TV and play with traditional NES style controllers. Yeah, you can do both those things with a PC and emulation, but it's just more convenient if you can do that on this thing.

And yeah, surprise surprise, it got hacked. Don't think anyone bar Nintendo is surprised about that one!

PC is obviously the better choice and hard to say how much the NES mini can handle. But it never hurts to have a little mini console of nostalgia.

Making or buying a Raspberry Pi 3 case which look like a NES or SNES case could be a good option as well. There are many of broken game consoles which you can get for free at a junk yard, or electronic recycling place. You can use the console case as a Raspberry Pi 3 case once you make a mount for it, and use screws to screw the mount to the inside of the console case.

I was expecting this but I wasn't expecting it so soon. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
The controller though <3

Some people can mirror their computer to their TV screen and use an accessory controller, but then again it's the work you have to put through to get everything set up each time you want to play. It's much easier to just keep the Mini NES connected to your TV and hack it imo.

I was expecting this but I wasn't expecting it so soon. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

The controller though <3

Some people can mirror their computer to their TV screen and use an accessory controller, but then again it's the work you have to put through to get everything set up each time you want to play. It's much easier to just keep the Mini NES connected to your TV and hack it imo.

It maybe easier for some people to hack the NES Mini and connect it to a TV. But, sometimes, with hack consoles, the console don't work well because of crashes and freezes caused by buggy software. Hacks can sometimes break a whole console if you are unlucky and don't know what you are doing.

But, with a PC emulator, you can usually just uninstall the emulator, and use another emulator software which works better for your Operating system and PC.

Some PCs like the Raspberry Pi and Android PC may have better emulators and community of people who can help other users than less popular emulator devices like an Apple Mac computer, or UNIX PC.

It is also easy to scream capture screenshots, and live video with screen capturing software like Fraps, or the built-in screen capturing program on some games or emulators if they come built-in with a screen capture program.

Back