Netflix's He-Man Animated Series

I'm getting a little more interested in watching this. When does this come out? (sorry if this is out already)

First season is out, but incomplete at this time.

They changed Teela's VA:

Mattel has announced that Supergirl's Melissa Benoist has joined the voice cast of the upcoming He-Man adaptation, Masters of the Universe: Revolution.

Benoist, who is fresh off her run as the titular superhero Kara Danvers/Kara Zor-El in the hit CW show Supergirl, will voice the heroine Teela in the upcoming series, which serves as a sequel to Kevin Smith's acclaimed 2021 limited animated series, Masters of the Universe: Revelation. "I jumped at the opportunity to work alongside my friend, Kevin Smith and join the Revolution family as another bold and fearless heroine," said Benoist. "I look forward to sharing the next evolution of Teela’s story with fans." Teela was previously voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wolf Pack) in Revelation.

They changed Teela's VA:

Mattel has announced that Supergirl's Melissa Benoist has joined the voice cast of the upcoming He-Man adaptation, Masters of the Universe: Revolution.

Benoist, who is fresh off her run as the titular superhero Kara Danvers/Kara Zor-El in the hit CW show Supergirl, will voice the heroine Teela in the upcoming series, which serves as a sequel to Kevin Smith's acclaimed 2021 limited animated series, Masters of the Universe: Revelation. "I jumped at the opportunity to work alongside my friend, Kevin Smith and join the Revolution family as another bold and fearless heroine," said Benoist. "I look forward to sharing the next evolution of Teela’s story with fans." Teela was previously voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wolf Pack) in Revelation.

Why the change?

I wonder about it myself. Dunno.

Mattel CEO said this, from CBR:

Kreiz explained that reviving Masters of the Universe after it had lain dormant for over a decade was one of his top priorities after becoming CEO of Mattel in 2018. "It's as big as Marvel and DC," he said. He explained how one only needs to look at an official encyclopedia for MOTU to see how the franchise can be adapted to film, television and beyond. "It’s hundreds of pages of characters and sorcerers and vehicles and weaponry—you name it," he added. "And then you flip through the pages, and here’s a movie, and here’s a movie, and here’s a TV show. . . . It’s endless!"

Mattel CEO said this, from CBR:

Kreiz explained that reviving Masters of the Universe after it had lain dormant for over a decade was one of his top priorities after becoming CEO of Mattel in 2018. "It's as big as Marvel and DC," he said. He explained how one only needs to look at an official encyclopedia for MOTU to see how the franchise can be adapted to film, television and beyond. "It’s hundreds of pages of characters and sorcerers and vehicles and weaponry—you name it," he added. "And then you flip through the pages, and here’s a movie, and here’s a movie, and here’s a TV show. . . . It’s endless!"

So.... where is the series standing now? We getting more seasons or a movie or something?

The question indeed. We know a new season is coming but that's it.

prequel comic cover:
he-man-masters-of-the-universe-forge-of-destiny-cover.jpg

Sequel will air Jan 25 2024, niiiice:

New trailer:

Saw it it's great!

and they hook Adam with Teela's PLOT officially lol took them around 41 years lol

Critics love it.

Revolution is a celebration and love letter to the franchise, complete with fantastic animated visuals by Powerhouse Animation, a sublime score by Bear McCreary, and the type of world-building that makes Masters of the Universe such an iconic property.

The visuals are astounding. The music is pulse-pounding. The twists are jaw-dropping. And by the end, you’ll forget how old you are, point to the sky, beckon the energy of Grayskull, and feel that you indeed have the power.

I am still a fan of what Kevin Smith has done with this series, and I am ready for more, but I wish this season had satisfied me the way the first series did.

Masters of the Universe: Revolution proves one thing: the power of Greyskull has returned in a major way.

Back