New 3DS Game Ideas

its gonna be just as crappy as every other CoD game on the ds then. seriously, they are hard to play, difficult and have nothing good about them on ds.
if it was on the wii U however.....

First of all, no Microsoft or Sony game will appear on the 3DS. Please use common sense with these ideas.

Skype and YouTube SHOULD be on the 3DS though. It makes little sense why they are not considering the system's capabilities and what is already available on other systems (the fact that the Wii U uses Skype should mean Nintendo will add it, but who knows).

An app/game similar to Draw Something would be a neat addition and easy to make. Also, more games with DLC costumes or levels would be an interesting move for Nintendo (seems like Square games do most of that on 3DS/Wii for them). I would also love to see another game like Dragon Quest IX where you can play an RPG with other friends or even gain items from them via streetpass (even though that game came out before the 3DS). Heck, imagine a strategy game along the lines of Fire Emblem/FF Tactics where you can gain player data by streetpassing people.

What about AR games? Very few things have come out with this, most notably the Cursed Memoirs, which was poorly conceived as it could not work with the lights out and was a very short game. What if Nintendo released 3D storybooks of different characters? A card game similar to Kid Icarus THAT YOU COULD ACTUALLY PLAY, with stats and other things displayed on the 3DS screen so the cards could be full art.

In short, I would like to see more games/apps that take advantage of the streetpass and other capabilities of the 3DS.

^Agreed. I read in the latest Nintendo Power about a downloadable game where you used Play Coins to purchase continues if you ran out of lives. That seems like a good idea for almost any platformer to implement.

Sounds neat. In Resident Evil: Revelations, you could spend game currency OR 10 Play Coins in order to buy a nice weapon. Also, I think I remember hearing that Street Fighter let you spend Play Coins to play a mini game where you could get new figurines for your digital collection.

Sadly, I don't see Play Coins becoming too widely used of a currency for anything BIG in games as it is so easy to hack the 3DS to get infinite coins. Still, I would like to see Play Coins used more for extras.

Back