Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The big o PC.jpg

Have you ever dreamt of having an all-in-one gaming machine that consolidates a full gaming PC with your favorite consoles? Well, the designers at Origin PC have, and today announced the introduction of The Big O; a high-power gaming PC that features a built-in Xbox 360.

Each PC comes with a built-in Xbox 360 'Slim', which can be played while the PC is running other tasks and software, and supports all of the same connections and features of a full console. While the built-in Xbox 360 is certainly the biggest selling point of The Big O, it is actually one of the fastest gaming rigs available. The entry level version of the system features an overclocked 4.0GHz Intel Core i7 930 processor, a liquid cooled Rampage III Extreme motherboard, dual NVIDIA GTX 480 GPUs, 6GBs of memory, dual 50GB SSD drives, a 2TB hard drive, Creative Fatal1ty sound card, and built-in Blu-ray burner. Sounds expensive? It is; Origin has priced the base configuration at $7,669.

If that wasn't enough to break your bank, The Big O is also offered in the configuration used by CPU Magazine, which features dual Intel Xeon X5680 processors overclocked to 4.3GHz, an EVGA SR2 motherboard, liquid cooling, quad SLI EVGA GTX 480 GPUs, 12GBs of memory, four 50GB SSD drives, two 2TB hard drives, a built-in Blu-ray burner, and a built-in 8 channel HD audio sound card, at a price of $16,999.

Have the cash to shell out for Origin's gaming powerhouse? The company is now taking custom orders for The Big O starting today via their official website.

Their website

more pics here

By the god of gaming, this is the most powerful game system on the freaking planet! Also, below is a spec chart from Kotaku (placed in spoilers for large image).

Code:
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 8 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x
CPUID : 6.A.5 / Extended : 6.1A
CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB
Core : Bloomfield (45 nm) / Stepping : D0
Freq : 4000.81 MHz (190.51 * 21)
MB Brand : EVGA
MB Model : 141-BL-E757
NB : Intel X58 rev 13
SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
GPU Clocks : Core 900 MHz / RAM 1900 MHz
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 4096 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 571.5 MHz (2:6) @ 7-7-7-20
Slot 1 : 2048MB (10700)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : G.Skill
Slot 2 : 2048MB (10700)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : G.Skill

One of my friends computers, he custom built it for much less than what it is. Even though most of the stuff he has is less powerful, but it's much cheaper. So yeah.

The "O" symbol sort of look like the target symbol. This is probably the best store bought PC anyone with lots of Money can buy.

Well, if I remember correctly. The price of the parts I looked up. CPU: $250 GPU: $500(x2), Motherboard: I believe it was about $120. But the HDD shouldn't run more than maybe 200 each, at max. SSD would be another area, as those are quite costly. But overall, the total price of everything would total out to about ~$4500.

What a waste of money, spending anything over 2-3,5k for a computer would be a waste in my opinion. Considering how fast hardware becomes outdated.

People are more and more getting addicted to computers especially children, PC games are in action at the first place among all.

spam link removed

I'm surely going to build a computer after I buy a new one which will be already built. I just have a feeling this one will die soon. I've had mine for 3 years already.

I was thinking of the "Big O" the old anime when I came in.
Man, that is so over priced. Also, why four small SSDs?
To me, it seems like they just threw together the most expensive parts together, without considering cost/effectiveness at all.

This is awesomely ridiculous. You can of course buy a gaming computer for much less, but why do that when you can afford this?

I wonder how the built in Xbox works. Is it integrated with the PC video out or a separate switch? I get the feeling they just took an Xbox apart and stuck it in there.
I guess then you would need two separate screens: one for the PC and one for the Xbox.

These computers make me wish that I had more money. xP Though, you can build a computer equivalent to this for a fraction of this price.

Back