Multi New Need For Speed in 2017

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As expected, Need For Speed is not returning as an annualized franchise, at least not yet.

"We are now building upon the foundations that have been laid with Need for Speed and delivering our next game in 2017," the developer said.

On whether the developer will be quiet until closer to the time they stated "Far from it." "We'll be working with our community and there will be multiple opportunities to bring many of you into the studio in the coming months to get your feedback on where we're headed."

source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-need-for-speed-coming-in-2017/1100-6439662/

Lets hope it don't meet the same fate as Megaman legends 3.

I played almost all the Need for Speed games,I can't for a new one to be released.I mostly like it singleplayer but multiplayer isn't that bad either.

Need for Speed seemed to be nothing but a moneygrab in the post-PS2 era but they sort of redeemed themselves by making NFS 2015, which was rather good and I hope they continue that trend with 2017's title. They have been focusing quite a bit on NFS No Limits by the looks of it as I play it daily and they do add content every now and then. I know No Limits is practically a cash cow but it is quite fun and the vehicle customization is great for mobile standards, hence it staying on my phone for the past few months.

I don't see how much more they can really innovate though, its really just "get a crappy car, customize it, win races, get better car, customize it, win more races, repeat" and I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why it's taking them an entire year to make another one. Let's hope we don't get another Pro Street or some rubbish like that.

I'm really excited for this actually. I have always been a fan of this genre and the whole street racing genre in general. I have been playing a lot of racing games lately and Midnight Club for me just isn't cutting it anymore. I need a new innovative game and hopefully this one cuts it. Hopefully we get a trailer for it soon.

With games such as Need For Speed, I think it's good that they're not being released annually as I don't think there's any need for it. With games like FIFA or Madden then it needs to have a yearly release to be able to keep up with the actual sport itself. Need For Speed can take things a bit slower.

Looking forward to NFS 2017. I enjoyed NFS 2015 a lot, so I'm sure the new one will be even better!

It's quite nice to see it's not annualised anymore, makes it seem like less of a cash cow.

I think waiting bi-yearly to release a new product is best because it really makes anticipation levels rise. I can see this next one racking in lots of cash. I think that they, just like many other companies our, bring out a new game yearly because of the one.

Doing likewise allows more time for development and bringing out a better game that is not just for playing, but one that people could really connect with like we did with GTA San Andreas. I love that game, and have not yet witnessed another version that was as distinct as that one.

To be fair the past few games haven't really seen anything innovative, and sales have been declining. I think that taking a year to come up with a more polished game is great for both the studio and the players.

I have to agree with Squigly. I loved the series when I was younger - Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon were great games (at least for me - I've heard that people didn't like Carbon at all, but I liked it because of the new gamemode and the return of drift), but everything started being repetitive from there. I didn't like the legal racing "spin-offs", NFS was all about racing and running away from police! And Undercover, new Hot Pursuit and new Most Wanted - they felt like it was all about graphics... I hope this one changes everything. That's really all we can do - be hopeful.

This is good and bad. There are a lot of people that are probably waiting for the new need of speed to be launched, but sometimes, taking a brake to really think things through can be the right approach. There are a lot of good quality car games out there and trying to pass off a game on name recognition alone doesn't seem like the best idea. I think it's time to bring something really new and freshen up the need for speed name.

It's insane that I only enjoyed this title for the ps one and kind of skipped out on the rest. But to be fair, I only enjoy racing games with like all of the cars in the market. So it gives me some thing to work towards like Gran Turismo so until Need For Speed does some kind of title where they have a lot of cars. I probably won't be buying any of them which is sad because I'm sure its probably one of the best racing games in the market today. What do you guys think?

Back