New Nintendo Direct Shows Us Several New Characters

Rstitch

The Chosen One
Awards
Credits
Zero Suit Samus is her own character, Sheik is his own character, Charizard is it's own character, and Greninja is here!

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/#/video-ndirect

(Just skip to like 39 minutes to begin the Direct).

What do you think about the new Smash Bros., items, characters, stages, and all that stuff?

Personally, it's awesome.

You forgot to mention how they finally revealed Yoshi. :p Personally I didn't like the new way he appeared. I'd prefer him looking like the Brawl version. Him standing straight kind of makes him look humanoid because he is a dino. :( But oh well! I am definitely glad he's in it!

I am very satisfied that they brought mega evolution! I once hoped that they would bring mega evolution to the next Smash Bros Game but not the exact characters. I did however wanted Lucario, but I had really hoped Mewtwo appearing as well with its mega evolution and Blaziken. Both seemed like very good characters for Smash Bros. But I'm still darn happy they brought it, and especially Charizard X! Can't forgot Greninja :p When he was being introduced and saw a blue aura I told myself, is that a water shuriken? And when he threw it I was so excited!

As far as the items. The one I most liked where the Pokeballs. Finally they decided to through in Master Balls to summon rare Pokemon it was so great! And I was happy to see Gen VI pokemon on the list, it was pretty amazing. I really liked some items that were featured like the fireball sword, I think there was a Bomb called X-bomb or something which was really cool how it detonated.

Final Destination was one of my most favorite and played stage, so for them to have more stages modeled after it was pretty good. Sometimes it got boring but a simple stage like that kept the fun going on and on. So far I'm liking all the stages that were shown, they had a lot of creativity especially that Megaman stage with the Yellow Monster!

My mind had a complete orgasm. I really had my doubts about this game and it's even made me want to buy both versions because they're so different than I thought they'd be. I'm really glad that they're being released in different dates because it gives us time to raise some money to purchase them. And of course the content they haven't finished, I bet the Wii U version will be even better than what it was shown today. :)

You forgot to mention how they finally revealed Yoshi. :p Personally I didn't like the new way he appeared. I'd prefer him looking like the Brawl version. Him standing straight kind of makes him look humanoid because he is a dino. :( But oh well! I am definitely glad he's in it!

I am very satisfied that they brought mega evolution! I once hoped that they would bring mega evolution to the next Smash Bros Game but not the exact characters. I did however wanted Lucario, but I had really hoped Mewtwo appearing as well with its mega evolution and Blaziken. Both seemed like very good characters for Smash Bros. But I'm still darn happy they brought it, and especially Charizard X! Can't forgot Greninja :p When he was being introduced and saw a blue aura I told myself, is that a water shuriken? And when he threw it I was so excited!

As far as the items. The one I most liked where the Pokeballs. Finally they decided to through in Master Balls to summon rare Pokemon it was so great! And I was happy to see Gen VI pokemon on the list, it was pretty amazing. I really liked some items that were featured like the fireball sword, I think there was a Bomb called X-bomb or something which was really cool how it detonated.

Final Destination was one of my most favorite and played stage, so for them to have more stages modeled after it was pretty good. Sometimes it got boring but a simple stage like that kept the fun going on and on. So far I'm liking all the stages that were shown, they had a lot of creativity especially that Megaman stage with the Yellow Monster!

My mind had a complete orgasm. I really had my doubts about this game and it's even made me want to buy both versions because they're so different than I thought they'd be. I'm really glad that they're being released in different dates because it gives us time to raise some money to purchase them. And of course the content they haven't finished, I bet the Wii U version will be even better than what it was shown today. :)

Well, that's true. But Yoshi was kind of his own character, but I'm still extremely excited for him being there. I think that Brawl is a better Yoshi form, but as long as we have Yoshi, who cares, right?

Mewtwo was the pokemon I really wanted for mega evolution, but Lucario is good too. Personally, I'm hoping Mewtwo is at least in a Master Ball. I at first thought Charizard X was just a regular shiny Charizard, and I was like, is this a different outfit for him? But then I realized it. I totally thought they would enclude Blastoise or Samurott (I believe that's how it is spelled), but Greninja is just as awesome!

On Master Balls, whenever I play Brawl with my cousin (a huge gamer), he almost always gets any legendary pokemon (maybe Deoxys/Entei) while I mostly get Goldeen. And then sometimes I'd get Mew and he'd be so shocked. But I'm super excited that they announced the pokemon they did (goodbye Torchic, hello Fennekin) and that they went for the Master Ball idea. And the X bomb looked so awesome!

I love playing on Final Destination, and although I love it, I'm a bit disappointed they're making most stages like Final Destination. But overall the stages looked great (no Boxing Ring on 3ds- tears) and the Yellow Devil is a great idea, too. When Sakurai first announced him, I thought he'd be like the Devil assist trophy, but I like this much, much better! And I'm so excited for a Nintendogs stage!

Overall, I wish 3ds and Wii U were the same, because I don't have a Wii U, but I think it's great to get it on the 3ds nontheless!

I like that some stages will have final destination alternates, and I am so pumped for Greninja.

Yeah you're right, I'm glad Yoshi didn't get excluded in all this fun!

I also forgot to mention the two new modes, For Fun and For Gory/Glory? I'm pretty sure glory. it was a nice idea to include those into the new smash brs and especially, but especially the overall ranking system it has. I'm definitely going to buy a Wii U to experience it because it feels natural, but the 3DS would be so much fun. Pokemon is good to play but gets boring and I know the fun will never end with Smash Bros on the go!

I quickly took note of Charizard X because of the blue flame, although I'm curious what it will be, will it be a long, mid, or close range fighter? I really liked the changes in old characters except for Olimar. Pretty disappointed you only get three Pikimin . . . but at the same time glad because they can get annoying lol

Oh the map designs! The ones I really liked were Rainbow Road and Mario Galaxy, Pilot Wings Resort was a nice idea and Find Mii!

I'm pretty impressed, this new Smash Bros. is really creative which it hooked me right from the start and took me back to the first time I played Melee.

Definitely getting the Nintendo 3DS version and Wii U, all I have to do is buy the Wii U though :p

Also, gotta love how Greninja can actually attack by using his tongue. xD don't know if you saw but it smacked someone's head with his tongue when they showed some gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't gotten to see it, but I'm so excited that Charizard is his own character. I'm still really pissed that Ness nor Lucas has been mentioned yet and the game gets released in like 3 months for the 3DS. Still though I'm kind of glad they made Shiek and Zero Suit Samus their own characters.

I still haven't gotten to see it, but I'm so excited that Charizard is his own character. I'm still really pissed that Ness nor Lucas has been mentioned yet and the game gets released in like 3 months for the 3DS. Still though I'm kind of glad they made Shiek and Zero Suit Samus their own characters.

I agree on the part about Ness and Lucas (or at least just Ness) because I spent forever training Ness in Melee and Lucas in Brawl (since they have such similar move sets), and although they don't really have new games anymore I still hope they're included.

Yeah you're right, I'm glad Yoshi didn't get excluded in all this fun!

I also forgot to mention the two new modes, For Fun and For Gory/Glory? I'm pretty sure glory. it was a nice idea to include those into the new smash brs and especially, but especially the overall ranking system it has. I'm definitely going to buy a Wii U to experience it because it feels natural, but the 3DS would be so much fun. Pokemon is good to play but gets boring and I know the fun will never end with Smash Bros on the go!

I quickly took note of Charizard X because of the blue flame, although I'm curious what it will be, will it be a long, mid, or close range fighter? I really liked the changes in old characters except for Olimar. Pretty disappointed you only get three Pikimin . . . but at the same time glad because they can get annoying lol

Oh the map designs! The ones I really liked were Rainbow Road and Mario Galaxy, Pilot Wings Resort was a nice idea and Find Mii!

I'm pretty impressed, this new Smash Bros. is really creative which it hooked me right from the start and took me back to the first time I played Melee.

Definitely getting the Nintendo 3DS version and Wii U, all I have to do is buy the Wii U though :p

Also, gotta love how Greninja can actually attack by using his tongue. xD don't know if you saw but it smacked someone's head with his tongue when they showed some gameplay.

Rainbow Road looks excellent! And I'm sad that we won't be getting the same stages, but I'm glad they at least kept Find Mii on the 3ds. I literally am just super pumped for this game. My birthday is in the summer, and so I know what I'm going to be getting. SSB4! Also, I wished they announced the name of the game (Melee, Brawl) I think it might be SSB Royale or SSB Battle (so uncreative with the second one, I know).

Greninja, use Lick! That was great!

Rainbow Road looks excellent! And I'm sad that we won't be getting the same stages, but I'm glad they at least kept Find Mii on the 3ds. I literally am just super pumped for this game. My birthday is in the summer, and so I know what I'm going to be getting. SSB4! Also, I wished they announced the name of the game (Melee, Brawl) I think it might be SSB Royale or SSB Battle (so uncreative with the second one, I know).

Greninja, use Lick! That was great!

The name of the games are Super Smash Bros 3DS and Super Smash Bros Wii U

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Introducing, ladies and gentlemen, the successor of SSBB, SSB3DS/SSBWIIU!

I just saw Mega Man's Final Smash. It's awesome. Shortly after I found this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNx1HiFIoRk[/youtube]

Mario's side smash changed to a Sluggers bat, Dark Samus and Pong are new assist trophies, that fire bar item is from SMB and that's different, Pit has a beastly 3 Sacred Treasures Final Smash, the Kalos Elite Four is a stage, the multiplayer modes are modded... I want to know what will be in the Wii U multiplayer. Will it have video sharing, Stages/Target Builder and sharing, custom character sharing or something like that? Will Kirby be able to copy other abilities like Little Mac's power meter or Lucario's Aura? What will be Olimar's advantages and disadvantages? Tune in next time and find out. :p

Mario's side smash changed to a Sluggers bat, Dark Samus and Pong are new assist trophies, that fire bar item is from SMB and that's different, Pit has a beastly 3 Sacred Treasures Final Smash, the Kalos Elite Four is a stage, the multiplayer modes are modded... I want to know what will be in the Wii U multiplayer. Will it have video sharing, Stages/Target Builder and sharing, custom character sharing or something like that? Will Kirby be able to copy other abilities like Little Mac's power meter or Lucario's Aura? What will be Olimar's advantages and disadvantages? Tune in next time and find out. :p

It's not pong it's the Colour/Color Television 16

It's not pong it's the Colour/Color Television 16

Indeed.

Kirby better have that power meter... And the aura, and everything else that makes him a copy.

Back