Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In an interview with Famitsu magazine in Japan (photographed on Kotaku), Miyamoto has said that Nintendo is working on a brand new Wii U game that isn't part of one of Nintendo's existing franchises.

"With Mario Kart 8 coming out in the Spring of next year, we'll have a good selection [of Wii U games] available, so I'm thinking isn't it about time we release a new franchise?" reads the quote. Famitsu's follow-up question - "A new franchise! Would that a be brand new title that you would be working on?" - garnered the following response: "I can't talk too much detail right now, but I will say that this new title has been keeping me busy lately."

This would be the first brand-new game IP to be released on Wii U by Nintendo except launch title Nintendo Land - and though Nintendo has always innovated within its established franchises, since the Gamecube days entirely new games outside those franchises have been a rarity at Nintendo. Something totally new would be very welcome.
source

Nintendo needs new game types badly, though I hope this is centered towards it's core gamers.

I hope it's centered at core gamers, too; however, I don't really want a Nintendo CoD; we have Metroid Prime.

I wonder when they actually released a new IP not including Wii Sports or Nintendoland.

Back