Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I'm surprised that the Status bar is now missing from Outlook.

Hopefully, Microsoft adds back some of the remove features which many people use.

Ngl, like most Microsoft products, everyone’s always said that Outlook was shit. Also like every Microsoft product, every update is considered shit.

I don’t have the new Outlook, but I also don’t use 99% of those features, so it wouldn’t bother me.

Not sure how they are rolling out this beta, but if you look in the upper right hand corner there should be a switch for it.

Ngl, like most Microsoft products, everyone’s always said that Outlook was shit. Also like every Microsoft product, every update is considered shit.

Need to put this on a t-shirt and sell it.

Not sure how they are rolling out this beta, but if you look in the upper right hand corner there should be a switch for it.

Need to put this on a t-shirt and sell it.
I only use Outlook at work, but I also don’t run the Outlook server.

I don’t think anyone actually likes Microsoft stuff, they just get used to it when it’s something that’s ubiquitous. Every Windows or Office release has people crying that it’s shit. It’s like, yeah, you said that every other time. Why are you surprised?

I only use Outlook at work, but I also don’t run the Outlook server.

I don’t think anyone actually likes Microsoft stuff, they just get used to it when it’s something that’s ubiquitous. Every Windows or Office release has people crying that it’s shit. It’s like, yeah, you said that every other time. Why are you surprised?

Never surprised with Microsoft.

I have Hotmail & remember they tried to get me to upgrade to Outlook. I tried Outlook but it was a pain so I went back. I haven't heard good things about it.

I have Hotmail & remember they tried to get me to upgrade to Outlook. I tried Outlook but it was a pain so I went back. I haven't heard good things about it.
Hotmail was replaced by Outlook in 2013, so I doubt you're using the Hotmail UI when it was replaced. Your old login credentials still work, and the address is basically like a forwarding address, but Hotmail has been dead for a decade.

Hotmail was replaced by Outlook in 2013, so I doubt you're using the Hotmail UI when it was replaced. Your old login credentials still work, and the address is basically like a forwarding address, but Hotmail has been dead for a decade.

Hotmail hasn't been a thing in a long time.
Interesting! My email says Hotmail & I had a separate account with an Outlook address & both were very much different. But it does make sense about the forwarding address aspect.

Interesting! My email says Hotmail & I had a separate account with an Outlook address & both were very much different. But it does make sense about the forwarding address aspect.
Microsoft migrated all of the Hotmail accounts to Outlook 10 years ago. Your old account is probably showing as something like ZandraJoi@hotmail.com, but for the Outlook servers it's probably something goofy like ZandraJoi12345@outlook.com

Microsoft migrated all of the Hotmail accounts to Outlook 10 years ago. Your old account is probably showing as something like ZandraJoi@hotmail.com, but for the Outlook servers it's probably something goofy like ZandraJoi12345@outlook.com
Very interesting! That's what got me confused. I still have my @hotmail.com extension. I had talked to some & theirs were changed to reflect the outlook extension.

Very interesting! That's what got me confused. I still have my @hotmail.com extension. I had talked to some & theirs were changed to reflect the outlook extension.
They could have either accidentally accepted it or “accidentally” accepted it. Microsoft is pretty bad at being sneaky with stuff like that.

People got tricked into upgrading to Windows 10, because it was disguised as a standard Windows update. Even pressing the X button was considered as consent.

Back